Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.71 Average
Work in progress "In the Time of the Barrels" Custom Story
youngblood128 Offline

Threads: 2
"In the Time of the Barrels" Custom Story

Hey Guys I'm 2 months into a custom story I've been working its called "In the Time of the Barrels"

The Story: A man named Lance is the chosen one who has lost his way, he has forgot his memories about how he was captured by living barrels and thus falls in a deep slumber, you re-live the incredible adventures of Lance and figure out how he ended up trapped by the barrels, but his journey doesn't end in his cell he attempts to break out and complete his chosen duty...to kill the god barrel and end the darkness that has been ascended by the living barrels, and along the way he discovers his hidden powers. Will he stop it all?

Hey guys I have a video of me working on this map and I will leave a link below as soon as It is uploaded! and also feel free to watch some other videos it will be a lot of help! Lastly I have a series on how to create your own custom story for those who are interested so check it out! So please leave some comments on what you think I will leave some screen shots so thanks for your comments.

Stream(me working on it)- Amnesia Custom Story Stream 1
First Tutorial(Custom Story Creation)- Let's CS: Amnesia Custom Story Creation Tutorial *Episode 1*

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
Pic6
Pic7
Pic8
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 02:02 AM by youngblood128.)
01-30-2013, 05:21 AM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5
RE: "In the Time of the Barrels" Custom Story

That barrel sleeping in the bed. All naked and such. Geez, you gotta censor that stuff man...

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
01-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

What the freak ? Living barrels ? That's kinda silly. But people have their own story, so I'll see where this is going. This is not a jumpscare story, right ?

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
01-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

When I saw the title I told myself: "This gun be gud..."

Apart from this, screenies are really poor. You must improve a lot your mapping, especially in the pic 4. The fog is too bright, considerating that it's nighttime.
Pic 3: What should make the fear is the environment, not the monsters. Showing up a monster that has been used plenty of times doesn't make the mod itself scary.

Although I must accept that the idea of barrels that talk is original.

PD: Prepare for Corinthian Merchant and other people complaining storm.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(01-30-2013, 09:25 AM)The chaser Wrote: PD: Prepare for Corinthian Merchant and other people complaining storm.

I'd recommend anyone who feels the need to respond like that to not do it. I don't want to see anymore negative comments based on what a person makes. They make what they want to make. Do like Chaser did and give constructive criticism if you want, but nothing more. It's pretty bad that we actually expect these responses when something like this comes out.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM by Statyk.)
01-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

talking barrels has kinda been done before: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...ing+barrel

but at least you explain it, this one I linked to almost sounded as if it was normal for barrels to talk.
01-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

I'm actually interested in seeing it. I just hope that there are no crappy jumpscares. The first one I see, I'll put the game down and play something else.

I'd actually love to see if this evolves into something more than just barrels and reg. monsters. I like it when people include unique things to the game.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
01-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Find
youngblood128 Offline

Threads: 2

Hey guys thanks for the replies I am going to look into some of these comments, my mapping skills suck but my scripting is better I'll try to improve on map scenery and yea, also I set out to make this story silly but at the same time a little serious like a semi-serious and I didn't dedicate it to PDP I did do a few things regarding him but not deticated to him, this is the third map I have been working on, the first two were learning the stuff but this one was my most serious, I am nearly done with this CS this one is a lot for fun and a little reputation my next map will be a lot more serious I've already thought about it although I will need more ideas so I will love to receive some ideas anyways thanks for everything continue to reply! I'll continue with updates soon!

(01-30-2013, 07:35 PM)crisosphinx Wrote: I'm actually interested in seeing it. I just hope that there are no crappy jumpscares. The first one I see, I'll put the game down and play something else.

I'd actually love to see if this evolves into something more than just barrels and reg. monsters. I like it when people include unique things to the game.

There are a few scares like that but they are the types that build up not just a random jump scare everywhere.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM by youngblood128.)
01-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Is it influenced from PewDiePie? if it is, i gonna have to clear my mind when playing this.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-31-2013, 08:06 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Pretty hilarious premise I have to say, looking forward to seeing what it's like.

If your interested in my opinion, I'd say keep it short! The joke will wear off eventually, there are only so many creative ways to use barrels as antagonists, right?

Good luck Smile

01-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Find