Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Soundtrack: Missing Music
Jiketsu Offline

Threads: 1
Soundtrack: Missing Music

Hey.

Loved Amnesia. Felt it really pioneered the horror genre and I look forward to future titles.

One of the things I enjoyed about the game, was at times the soundtrack had this sort of, humming or chanting on it. It wasn't particularly scary or anything, but it really added to the mood.

Often when I am in bed trying to sleep, that humming/chanting track gets stuck in my head.

I really wish I had it readily available for random listening. I was able to find the Amnesia soundtrack on youtube, but the humming/chanting is absent from all the songs.

I suppose I could just play the game and record it myself. I wonder if anyone has any information on its origin or if there's a more thorough soundtrack available??

Thanks ^^
02-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Soundtrack: Missing Music

What you do is you find it in the Amnesia-folder. All sounds and music are stored in there.

Windows retail version: ProgramFiles(x86)>Amnesia the Dark Descent>redist>Music

On the steam version i guess it is: Steam>SteamApps>Common>Amnesia the Dark Descent>redist>Music.

I do not own the steam version so i don't know that one, if that's what you have, but try searching around.

Trying is the first step to success.
02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

On the steam version, it would just be Steam>SteamApps>Common>Amnesia the Dark Descent>Music.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
02-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

02-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Find
Jiketsu Offline

You guys are ossum for replying. Deep One really good guess on what I was looking for, but unfortunately that wasn't the right one. It has more of a "hmmmm" sound to it, as sort of the main depth of the music, but then theres a sort of uh, i denno how to describe it but its higher notes of something, not a recognizable instrument but it sort of makes me think of wind and it makes a small tune overtop of the hum.

I do have Steam so I will check out the Steam folder. I am kicking myself for not thinking of that.

I actually started playing the game through again so as to catch the music and record it myself, but, for whatever reason haven't run into it yet and I am all the way at Agrippa now. I am certain it had played during the game either while in the cellar area or basement/mine/prison sort of area but never did this time.

Perhaps it is because I am breezing through this time around and lighting less candles and stuff. Argh.
02-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

You mean this?
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013, 08:55 PM by Bridge.)
02-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Find
Jiketsu Offline

Nope. Sorry. Maybe if I am feeling brave enough I'll hum it for you guys haha.
02-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Find
Jiketsu Offline

AAAAAAAAAHHHH. I listened to the one Deep One posted again and I think he might actually have it right. Because I can hear exactly what I am looking for inside that track, but its covered up by the louder howling and moaning. In the background it definitely has the humming that I was talking about.

Very strange because I am pretty sure during gameplay the howling and moaning was absent and just the background was there.
02-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Find
Zaari Offline

Threads: 0

Oh, Is it 13_eee.ogg? It kind of sounds like what you're describing and it can be found in redist\sounds\13. It plays as a background sound in the later maps.

"Marzipan, darling."
02-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Is this the one your talking about?

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
02-06-2013, 04:51 AM
Find