Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What's Your Favorite?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Face cam FTW!
20.00%
2 20.00%
Face cam SuX!
30.00%
3 30.00%
Both are OK.
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What kind of Gaming videos YOU like?
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: What kind of Gaming videos YOU like?

(02-06-2013, 11:18 AM)Your Computer Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 11:00 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: What do we then call it? Smile

Let's play with third-person commentary?

Why call it anything different? A commentary on a "Let's play" video is nothing but a commentary; it is not a "Let's play."

Ah, ok Smile

Trying is the first step to success.
02-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I like watching videos that have some kind of meta-gaming purpose, like ghost or speed runs. But I also appreciate let's play if the commentary is good. I enjoy LPs from people like Day[9], Helloween4545 and Spoony. I rarely watch videos just to see someone play a game, unless I want to see what it's like (but then it's only for a minute or so tops).
02-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Being the big football fan I am I watch KSI's videos and his lil brother Deji's who mostly play FIFA but sometimes play other things. Oh and MattHDGamer. They're the main ones I watch.

Being the big RuneScape player I am I watch a few RuneScape videos from guys like Regicidal, Alkan, Smokey, and livestreams from Runeshark and Fairytales and whoever their guests are.

I watch PewDiePie sometimes depending on what game he's playing, like his Walking Dead playthrough was great, still need to get through his Bully playthrough, he played Journey which was a good playthrough but I kinda prefer PsychedelicSnake (Lee)'s version. I also watch a few of his LP's like Devil May Cry, his commentary is crazy Big Grin

I don't enjoy Felix's LP's of Amnesia anymore, I know what you mean when you say he doesn't emerse himself... Kinda frustrates me how people play with lights on or in the light in general.

I love LOVE LOOOVE Sp33dy's GTA LP's. Him and his crew are fucking hilarious.

[Image: luv.gif]
02-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(02-06-2013, 02:34 PM)Lucke Wrote: I love LOVE LOOOVE Sp33dy's GTA LP's. Him and his crew are fucking hilarious.

KYR SP33DY's GTA LP's have to be the best I have seen in a long time.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
02-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

Totally and Utterly without commentary, it annoys me, let the game do the talking. im here to see the game, not listen to some nazel voiced 13 year old from maine.

i also demand the video shows the game being played WELL, i will accept "difficulty induced failure" on the few games left that are actually hard. but, i will not tolerate charachters pinballing off walls and the player, basically, playing the game like a douche. some games are a joke, yes, but i dont watch vids for those games, unless i want to get some basis for taking the piss out of the game, but normally, when i watch a video of a game being played, its a game i think should be taken seriously, so i demand the player takes it as such.

im a gameplay elitist, and thus i rather like my videos to be made by fellow elitists.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM by the dark side.)
02-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I agree with BeeKayk's first response. In order for someone to enjoy watching you, you have to enjoy what you play. I sometimes get bored when a person LPs while monotonously blabbering about something off-topic or just sounds like they're not having a good time. Just play what you think you will enjoy and see where it goes!

Also, please no facecams... I don't get their use and they take up part of what I REALLY want to watch. No matter what people say, please don't do facecam unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Voicing over is also a key feature in a LP or gameplay video. Try to be relaxed and think a bit before you speak. I've watched some REALLY awkward LPers before and I felt bad afterwards because I know Youtubing is probably not going to work out for them, yet they'll keep doing what they do. Keep the jokes or ideas fresh and try not to overuse something. How you behave mostly determines the personality of the majority of your audience...
02-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

(02-06-2013, 06:37 PM)Statyk Wrote: In order for someone to enjoy watching you, you have to enjoy what you play.

I agree with this most of the time, except sometimes it is fun to see someone spectacularely dislike a game. One of my favourite LPs is Steve, also known as 666theheartless666, playing Call of the Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and getting positively livid at it.
02-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24

I like any Let's Play who have people making commentaries instead of idiots screaming and making jokes.

02-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I love being all Hipster with Merciless Walrus. I also like NerdCubed. . .

Spoiler below!

And Two Best Friends Play

02-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Never heard of those youtube critters.

As for me I've been starting to enjoy Markplier's vids... I dunno. There is just something about his voice that makes me watch his videos...

I'm also watching OFGcata's Dead Space 1/2 videos. Sometimes the guy is absolutely hilarious.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2013, 01:15 AM by Danny Boy.)
02-07-2013, 01:12 AM
Website Find