Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What's Your Favorite?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Face cam FTW!
20.00%
2 20.00%
Face cam SuX!
30.00%
3 30.00%
Both are OK.
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What kind of Gaming videos YOU like?
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
What kind of Gaming videos YOU like?

I am starting to upload gameplay related videos in the near future on my YouTube account.
However, I am curious to know what kind of videos the users want to watch.

Also, if you vote 'commentary/voice over' and/or 'let's play' do you like that the gameplay in the video is from single-player or multiplayer?
...or perhaps, is the quality of the commentary/subject more important than the gameplay itself?

You're also able to cast multiple votes if somehow the answers don't match up to your liking.

*UPDATE ON THE POLL*
If you cannot vote on the poll above, please use this poll instead. However, if you want to add a comment, post it into this thread to keep discussion plain!

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 10:30 PM by Yuhaney.)
02-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Website Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: What kind of Gaming videos YOU like?

Singplayer, Multiplayer... Anything Smile
As long as it's a game that doesn't get boring, and as long as you are enjoy-able to watch.

Take for example Cry.
He played battlefield with a friend, and battlefield is (How i see it) mostly just an FPS game.
But Cry and his friend had fun doing what they were not supposed to do. They talked with Russian accents and failed flying a helicopter, and i had fun watching them because it didn't get boring. He kept getting new funny inputs. He was playing the game like he was inside it.

When Cry was playing The Walking Dead, he actually cried once, and that's because he is living himself into the game, he has the immersion, and that makes it nice to watch.

There is one thing i really don't like about PewDiePie, and other Let's Players of Amnesia and other horror games.
That is that every custom story they play, they don't take it serious. They don't immerse themselves into the main character. They just RUN LIKE A BAWS RUN LIKE A BAWS RUN LIKE A BAWS, through the level.
Collecting tinderboxes and avoid getting killed.

When you do your commentary, talk about the game, as you make yourself the main character. Talk about what you are thinking and what you think about what is happening.
Show feelings and show that you are a human, with your own characteristic impressions.

Sorry for all the text.
Hope you understand what i'm trying to say ^_^
Happy playing.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 09:32 AM by FlawlessHappiness.)
02-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(02-06-2013, 09:30 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: Singplayer, Multiplayer... Anything Smile
As long as it's a game that doesn't get boring, and as long as you are enjoy-able to watch.

Take for example Cry.
He played battlefield with a friend, and battlefield is (How i see it) mostly just an FPS game.
But Cry and his friend had fun doing what they were not supposed to do. They talked with Russian accents and failed flying a helicopter, and i had fun watching them because it didn't get boring. He kept getting new funny inputs. He was playing the game like he was inside it.

When Cry was playing The Walking Dead, he actually cried once, and that's because he is living himself into the game, he has the immersion, and that makes it nice to watch.

There is one thing i really don't like about PewDiePie, and other Let's Players of Amnesia and other horror games.
That is that every custom story they play, they don't take it serious. They don't immerse themselves into the main character. They just RUN LIKE A BAWS RUN LIKE A BAWS RUN LIKE A BAWS, through the level.

When you do your commentary, talk about the game, as you make yourself the main character. Talk about what you are thinking and what you think about what is happening.
Show feelings and show that you are a human, with your own characteristic impressions.

Sorry for all the text.
Happy playing.

Yeah, I understand.

But sometimes it's fun not being the main character, sometimes it sucks. Really bad.
Most people don't take the game seriously because they want to make it funny and cool. But I've seen a lot of gameplay videos turn to be unfunny and unworthed to watch. I just change the video if that happens.

You can be serious, but not all the time. It's gonna make the video boring.

That's my opinion.
If you don't like it that's okay and please don't post a reply about your argument.
If you like it that's cool.

That's all for now. Sorry if you find any grammar errors or spelling.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 10:05 AM by No Author.)
02-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-06-2013, 09:30 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: Singplayer, Multiplayer... Anything Smile

Take for example Cry.

Sorry for all the text.
Happy playing.
I Agree too. PewDiePie and other Let's players are doing it wrong. Cry is very good. This is why i'm suscribed to him. (Love ya, Cry!)
No flame wars are intended and i hope it will be that way.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

I have one quick question here:
How do you guys find the first two 'commentary/voice over' and 'lets play' being different from each other?

02-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Website Find
Posting Freak

"Commentary/Voice Over" could be anything.
Walkthrough, gameplay, boss-battle, and the voice over doesn't have to be live. It could be pre-recorded, while "Let's Play" is a game you play with live commentary and it's a game you haven't played before.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 10:35 AM by FlawlessHappiness.)
02-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Alright, good.
Just to make sure someone won't think they're the same. Tongue

02-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I don't really see how a "let's play" is any sort of "commentary." Commentaries imply a third-person view to something; "let's play" implies a first-person view.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Website Find
Posting Freak

(02-06-2013, 10:43 AM)Your Computer Wrote: I don't really see how a "let's play" is any sort of "commentary." Commentaries imply a third-person view to something; "let's play" implies a first-person view.

What do we then call it? Smile

Let's play with third-person commentary?

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM by FlawlessHappiness.)
02-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(02-06-2013, 11:00 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: What do we then call it? Smile

Let's play with third-person commentary?

Why call it anything different? A commentary on a "Let's play" video is nothing but a commentary; it is not a "Let's play."

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Website Find