Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.57 Average
Mental memorial - Full Conversion *-RELEASED-*
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Mental memorial - Full Conversion *-RELEASED-*

Mental Memorial contains copyrighted content that dnalange refused to remove despite complaints.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
02-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

What copyrighted material exactly? Well, the decision that the forum team has made on this subject is that:

Any obvious copyrighted material should be removed unless permission has been granted by those who developed them. Also, if credits are not given for materials made by fellow forum members, then in case of a complain the custom stories containing them will be removed until proper credits are given.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2013, 09:51 PM by plutomaniac.)
02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(02-15-2013, 09:44 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: What copyrighted material exactly?

He ask Skashi for some of his models and all I know of is the Bloat from Killing Floor, some people are saying their are some Half Life 2 models, but dnalange said he got it from Tenebris Lake.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
02-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Copyrighted content has been confirmed within the download, I ask that you remove this content from the story and post a new link, it seems as if you were not aware that these models were indeed stolen.

Most of Skashi's work has been taken down because of his use of stolen content, I wouldn't be using entities from his stories if I were you.
02-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Sorry.. what do you mean here
??
02-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

You made a big and good story according to your saying (I haven't played it, won't comment on that). All you need to do is remove those copyrighted content and the mod will be up and running again. You can replace them with the many free ones that exist at these forums after giving proper credit.
02-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(02-16-2013, 12:12 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: You made a big and good story according to your saying (I haven't played it, won't comment on that). All you need to do is remove those copyrighted content and the mod will be up and running again. You can replace them with the many free ones that exist at these forums after giving proper credit.

Could someone please tell me what is all those content...?
There is over well.. 300 NON amnesia thingfs added!!
So what is that content before i must update 20 times cause some fo*l is arguing again... and again.. etc....
I know 1 monsters { easy to change }
What else?
if i do not know what those are i can not make an update..
btw : Play it you might never seen something like this before { and NO it does NOT looks like White Night }
02-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(02-16-2013, 12:15 AM)dnalange Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 12:12 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: You made a big and good story according to your saying (I haven't played it, won't comment on that). All you need to do is remove those copyrighted content and the mod will be up and running again. You can replace them with the many free ones that exist at these forums after giving proper credit.

Could someone please tell me what is all those content...?
There is over well.. 300 NON amnesia thingfs added!!
So what is that content before i must update 20 times cause some fo*l is arguing again... and again.. etc....
I know 1 monsters { easy to change }
What else?
if i do not know what those are i can not make an update..
btw : Play it you might never seen something like this before { and NO it does NOT looks like White Night }

You also had the Bloat from Killing Floor which is copyrighted. (btw I never even see the Bloat when I played though the game, but you said you added it.)

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
02-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Find
ElliotSaysStuff Offline

Threads: 0

I left my review for the mod here
02-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Website Find
Exostalker Offline

Threads: 10

I played it, and can say it doesn't look good... at least in my opinion... way too much stuff everywhere, too much flickering (causes uncomfortable feeling for me).

Does not look professional, because of all the stuff, not everything is tweaked and a lot of lighting/item bugs. Not enough depth in the storyline, jumpscares... This mental institution and flashback thing is getting old, white night wasn't bad but now it's an old idea...

Also, sad to hear that a lot of those models are stolen...

02-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Find