Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Should Penumbra 3 have more enemys?
Im_Sexy Offline

Threads: 21
Should Penumbra 3 have more enemys?

This because Black Plague didnt have many...i mean there were only a few encounter with the infected and there was only 1 per spot/zone, except on the infected corridors, witch are 2, but yet far way from each point. I mean, it was better if there were more in the same zone. I dont mean to fill the levels with enemys no, but it was nice if was more them one patrolling the same area like in Overture.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2008, 08:54 PM by noctislp.)
04-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
RE: Should Penumbra 3 have more enemys?

A more randomized patrol path would do wonders for this game, along with a slightly more advanced AI (one that might stalk you, or wait behind a corner for you; turn it's light off and still, ect).

Black Plague needs just 1-3 more enemies per level. However no where like it was in Overture where it pretty much forced you to kill all the enemies.

More types of enemies would be nice though..!

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
04-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I would like to see some totally new monsters...

05-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Website Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

I just like to see some diffrent ones mixed in with some old ones

I would like a bit of overture mixed in with Black Plague style just to mix it up a bit and i would love to get a chase like in overture with the worm after you it taken awhile to calm down enough to get through it Smile

a few roaming ones to sneak past I loved trying to sneak past them on overture
Solve the puzzle before they bash their way in

well that is a few random words from me
05-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Find
ZaRboN
Unregistered

I want new enemies.
Not the ones from Overture, Tech Demo and Black Plague.
3 Creatures and that's all >o

I want this third release to be amazing...to be scary!
05-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

No, you crazy!? There were lots of enemies in Black Plague, sometimes legions of them (Well, three-four) in a single maze of corridors.

ZaRboN Wrote:I want new enemies.
Not the ones from Overture, Tech Demo and Black Plague.
3 Creatures and that's all >o

I want this third release to be amazing...to be scary!
That wasn't the question. More or less enemies it was.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
05-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Find
doomdoom Offline

Threads: 7

More darkness, more mistery, more "what the hell is here :|?"... I think it's scarier not to see enemy's appeareance than knowing it. The infected in BP didn't scare me when I had seen it so many times.
05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

doomdoom Wrote:The infected in BP didn't scare me when I had seen it so many times.

You start to get use to them very fast if there is lots of them all around the places. I think Kennel was one of the scariest place in the whole game!

About the Kennel part...
Spoiler below!
There wasn't really any enemies (except the hole monsters), and I thought all the time that dog attacks somewhere! But no, nothing happened! Except the trick that Clarence made you to believe in Kennel (that dog attacks) was first very scary but after the first shock I just waited that it comes, 'cause I knew that it'll has to be a imagination - like the Spider and the Worm in the beginning of Black Plague...

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2008, 08:01 PM by Ano.)
05-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Website Find
sybesis Offline

Threads: 5

Scraper Wrote:
doomdoom Wrote:The infected in BP didn't scare me when I had seen it so many times.

You start to get use to them very fast if there is lots of them all around the places. I think Kennel was one of the scariest place in the whole game!

About the Kennel part...
Spoiler below!
There wasn't really any enemies (except the hole monsters), and I thought all the time that dog attacks somewhere! But no, nothing happened! Except the trick that Clarence made you to believe in Kennel (that dog attacks) was first very scary but after the first shock I just waited that it comes, 'cause I knew that it'll has to be a imagination - like the Spider and the Worm in the beginning of Black Plague...

I know what you mean. this dog scared the hell out of me...I was like hum no weapon...oh fuck i'm screwed. While on the other hand. I would love to fist fight. Or actually being able to use anything as weapon. Like tube...or using small rock where you have the choice to throw them or use them to knock monsters.
07-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Find
ReaperOne1Two2 Offline

Threads: 1

sybesis Wrote:
Scraper Wrote:

About the Kennel part...
Spoiler below!

I know what you mean. this dog scared the hell out of me...I was like hum no weapon...oh fuck i'm screwed. While on the other hand. I would love to fist fight. Or actually being able to use anything as weapon. Like tube...or using small rock where you have the choice to throw them or use them to knock monsters.

The kennel scared me to death the first time with the ghost dog. I saw it coming ran back in the room and threw anything around in front of the door. It's scaryier not having any weapons. Maybe a rock to stun them a second so u can run away at most.
07-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Find