Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
Amnesia: Rain - Full Release
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: Rain - Full Release

-
No cheap jump-scares. All scares are well within context and make
sense, adding to the frightening ambience and not subtracting from the
tension.

Now we're talking! Gonna play this one right away!

Alright just completed chapter 1

Spoiler below!
The escape from the blood was perfect!!

Searching for the key in the pigs was a pain >.<''. Great tease for the machine for pigs though

Lastly, was that grunt that appears in the castle supposed to be an hallucination? 'Cause it went after me forever! and fast! VERY FAST!

(perfect btw LOL!)

I'll give it 9/10 so far Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 01:55 AM by ShiningBlader.)
02-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12

People who are stuck (particularly those commenting on my MODDB), here are some spoilers:

Furnace puzzle:
Spoiler below!
With the furnace, you have to first put the empty bucket in.
Second, wait for it to melt.
Third, pry it out with the crowbar.
Fourth, break it into shards with the hammer and chipper.
Then you can use them on the door.

Someone mentioned that if you leave the level before getting the metal out, you loose the ability to. That certainly is a problem and one I'll fix. If this has happened to you, try reloading a previous save.

Padlock puzzle:
Spoiler below!
At the end of the hall, right next to the mechanical door that is padlocked, you'll find yourself on a rise with railings on either side. You'll find the key was thrown over the rails into the sewers.

Boss puzzle:
Spoiler below!
To defeat the boss. You need to lure him into the confessional booth area and wait for him to chase you around one side, then quickly run around the other and out the room (whilst he is still in it). Then close the door behind you and bring down the barricade to stop him from getting out. Finally you need to actually "lock" the barricade. And then you are done!
The bibles and cross cannot defeat him, but they can be useful.

People have also mentioned getting stuck places, behind cogs and stuff. I'll have to check that out too, and fix it. And BEWARE the mattresses, apparently they go hectic!

Let me know if there are any other concerns or problems. Thanks.

(02-19-2013, 08:36 PM)dnalange Wrote: Ok..
I am having a problem here!
So far this is REALLY nice! 8½-10 { cause i havent finished it }
Keep it mind that there are a LOT of glitches { small floors\walls - make them 0.001 higher\lower etc. }
Voice acting is... bad.. i'm sorry , probaly your own voice..
For the rest the mapping is 10-10! AWESOME!
the problem i have atm is this ->
I am in that VERY big part with thse 2 doors to Storage a & b...
there is a door that has to open upwards, there is a stairway there you can jump down and open a hatch on both sides...
That is done.. WHEN you fall in the hatch,
first of all you get SO much damage! that is really bad!!
second thing is when you go up the ladder you are in a small shed?
i think it is the shed outside..
BUT -> the door won't open!!! so you are stuck there!!!
You CAN go back if you toutch that hatch but then you just be in the waterpart with the torches and monsters..
Please explane us here What to do and What the purpose is of that part....???
Btw... i can not open the sliding door with that padlock.. { is the padlock static? } what to do with this???
Please put your reply in a spoiler!
Thank you.
I will { if i finish } give full comment!

Hi, so when you fell down the hatch, did you pick up the key and the note attached to the first torch? The key is called "Mechanical Door Key".

That door shouldn't be locked.

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 04:49 AM by Kiorga(x2)rd.)
02-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Find
Gaboon Viper Offline

Threads: 0

I've made it to chapter 2 so far and i think the CS is great,however you've put too much effects at the torture chambers and in the room with the pigs.
02-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Umm.. I already did that too lock him up. But he still smashes that door where is that barricade.. and nothing happens maybe a bug?

“Life is a game, play it”
02-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Find
obZen Offline

I will definitely try this when i get home from work, thanks!!
02-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12

I recommend people hold off downloading this story for a day or two, I'm correcting some bugs that I hadn't noticed that people have pointed out.

You are certainly able to finish it still in this version... And many people had no problem at all. So feel free to download it, I'm just giving you a heads up.

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 03:39 PM by Kiorga(x2)rd.)
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Finally finished it it was pretty long, but damn I loved it Tongue

So much potential in this one, worth it to play. Now my feedback:

Spoiler below!

Intro was really nice, liked how the rain pours and it was gripping story from the start. When I reached that "Torture chamber map" and when the blood raises.. that was really epic! Enjoyed it!

Searching those items and rods etc. Was really fun and enjoyable, not boring whatsoever, there are different parts what you created from other cheap stories and this is one of the greatest adventures for me so far. Collecting items, unique scares and that atmosphere was really terrifying and I got scared a lot! Tongue

Scares and storytelling was something really different and everything make's sense and everyone can undestand this story.

What I loved the most was the boss fight so EPIC voice acting when this Father summons and I was died to see what happens next.. ending was really sad and damn entertaining!

Overall this was a triumph! One of the greatest stories out there definitely! I will give you 8.8 / 10. Tongue

Verdict: One of the most enjoyable custom stories out there, some scenes are just beautiful and really has potential, fairly long and satisfying story to play! Cool

Damn, I must find those other two relics ^^

“Life is a game, play it”
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Find
ferryadams10 Offline

Threads: 40

I have been terribly looking forward to this.
Gonna play it first thing tonight

Got a nice sofa
Please come and have a seat for a while

02-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1

Completed. I'll give you 9/10 Smile

I still want to play it again in order to get all the secrets. Love when people take extra time to add this. It is really nice!
02-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Find
FeeDLunD Offline

(02-20-2013, 01:57 AM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: People who are stuck (particularly those commenting on my MODDB), here are some spoilers:

Furnace puzzle:
Spoiler below!
With the furnace, you have to first put the empty bucket in.
Second, wait for it to melt.
Third, pry it out with the crowbar.
Fourth, break it into shards with the hammer and chipper.
Then you can use them on the door.

Someone mentioned that if you leave the level before getting the metal out, you loose the ability to. That certainly is a problem and one I'll fix. If this has happened to you, try reloading a previous save.

Padlock puzzle:
Spoiler below!
At the end of the hall, right next to the mechanical door that is padlocked, you'll find yourself on a rise with railings on either side. You'll find the key was thrown over the rails into the sewers.

Boss puzzle:
Spoiler below!
To defeat the boss. You need to lure him into the confessional booth area and wait for him to chase you around one side, then quickly run around the other and out the room (whilst he is still in it). Then close the door behind you and bring down the barricade to stop him from getting out. Finally you need to actually "lock" the barricade. And then you are done!
The bibles and cross cannot defeat him, but they can be useful.

People have also mentioned getting stuck places, behind cogs and stuff. I'll have to check that out too, and fix it. And BEWARE the mattresses, apparently they go hectic!

Let me know if there are any other concerns or problems. Thanks.

(02-19-2013, 08:36 PM)dnalange Wrote: Ok..
I am having a problem here!
So far this is REALLY nice! 8½-10 { cause i havent finished it }
Keep it mind that there are a LOT of glitches { small floors\walls - make them 0.001 higher\lower etc. }
Voice acting is... bad.. i'm sorry , probaly your own voice..
For the rest the mapping is 10-10! AWESOME!
the problem i have atm is this ->
I am in that VERY big part with thse 2 doors to Storage a & b...
there is a door that has to open upwards, there is a stairway there you can jump down and open a hatch on both sides...
That is done.. WHEN you fall in the hatch,
first of all you get SO much damage! that is really bad!!
second thing is when you go up the ladder you are in a small shed?
i think it is the shed outside..
BUT -> the door won't open!!! so you are stuck there!!!
You CAN go back if you toutch that hatch but then you just be in the waterpart with the torches and monsters..
Please explane us here What to do and What the purpose is of that part....???
Btw... i can not open the sliding door with that padlock.. { is the padlock static? } what to do with this???
Please put your reply in a spoiler!
Thank you.
I will { if i finish } give full comment!

Hi, so when you fell down the hatch, did you pick up the key and the note attached to the first torch? The key is called "Mechanical Door Key".

That door shouldn't be locked.

i can't take out the metal with the cowbar it just tells me that i should not melt my cowbar
02-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Find