Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
Amnesia: Rain - Full Release
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Amnesia: Rain - Full Release

(02-20-2013, 10:29 PM)FeeDLunD Wrote: i can't take out the metal with the cowbar it just tells me that i should not melt my cowbar

Spoiler below!
Yes, this is a major bug that I'm well aware of. I'm releasing an update very shortly that will stop this from happening.

The glitch is encountered when you leave the map before removing the metal with the crowbar. When you return to the level to do so, the option to use it will unavailable. To resolve this issue, perhaps load a previous save when you first entered the Northern Prison Cells and do all the steps in order without leaving the area. Else you may have to start over.

I'm sorry about this.

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
02-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Find
zoomos Offline

Threads: 1

Spoiler below!

I finally was able to lock the boss in the confession room, was not easy, considering the door opens outwards and the time to close the door then grab the wood bar to lock the door is not long! you can't miss or the dude pushes open the door. AHHHH

I started chapter 3 and i guess I didn't find enough relics when leaving the room and hung myself.. I'm okay with that ending considering the frustrations with the boss.. good game 8.5/10

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013, 06:04 AM by zoomos.)
02-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

I'm interested in the ways in which people have interpreted the story. It was purposefully written vague enough for the player to come up with their own interpretation. So does anyone want to have a shot at explaining it?

I'm going to release a playthrough sometime next week that will show how to get all the secrets. I will also give my own interpretation of the story then too.

In terms of the patch, I will upload it either tonight or tomorrow morning. All known issues should be resolved in it. If more bugs are found, I will update the patch. In a few days time, when I am confident that absolutely all bugs are found and dealt with, I will remove the original download for "Amnesia: Rain version 1.0" and the patch, then upload "Amnesia: Rain version 1.1" which will include the patch in it. I just don't want to have to release another version after 1.1, so I'm going to hold off and wait until I'm sure everything is 100% fine and just use small patches to improve the game in the meantime.
So again, message me any bugs you find!

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
02-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Version 1.0 Patch is up! This should fix the issues with the furnace puzzle among other things. Please note that this patch will not fix an already bugged level, but instead prevent the bug from happening in the first place.
Let me know if there are still any problems, though I think this should do it. I'll upload Version 1.1 of Amnesia: Rain when I'm more confident that this patch does in fact solve all issues.

02-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1

Question: where is the key for the first secret door?
02-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Find
CranstonofBoston Offline

Threads: 0

NOt bad at al!!!!!!!!!! I mean, it's not a full conversion or anything, but it's still goooodd!!!

Where can I downlaod this CS?

(02-21-2013, 06:07 PM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: Version 1.0 Patch is up! This should fix the issues with the furnace puzzle among other things. Please note that this patch will not fix an already bugged level, but instead prevent the bug from happening in the first place.
Let me know if there are still any problems, though I think this should do it. I'll upload Version 1.1 of Amnesia: Rain when I'm more confident that this patch does in fact solve all issues.

When>??

(02-21-2013, 06:02 AM)zoomos Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I finally was able to lock the boss in the confession room, was not easy, considering the door opens outwards and the time to close the door then grab the wood bar to lock the door is not long! you can't miss or the dude pushes open the door. AHHHH

I started chapter 3 and i guess I didn't find enough relics when leaving the room and hung myself.. I'm okay with that ending considering the frustrations with the boss.. good game 8.5/10

Where' d you get the download? Has it been authorised? What 's AEST?

Let the dead eat the dead.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM by CranstonofBoston.)
02-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Find
nzim Offline

Threads: 0

Great custom story. I won't rate it because I'm not that an expert I'll just say it was a real pleasure playing it. Although I really want to know how it properly ends since I didn't collect one of the three relics and you know what happened Big Grin
02-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Patch 2 has now been released. I've been watching everyone's playthroughs and there have been some more subtle bugs that I've now just noticed, so I've dealt with them in this patch. So make sure you've downloaded both patches and installed them in the correct order.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-rain/d...s/patch-23

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013, 05:36 PM by Kiorga(x2)rd.)
02-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

EDIT:Kiorgaard just posted something at the bottom of the last page, quoting it here on the top of the page so it's more visible.

(02-24-2013, 05:36 PM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: Patch 2 has now been released. I've been watching everyone's playthroughs and there have been some more subtle bugs that I've now just noticed, so I've dealt with them in this patch. So make sure you've downloaded both patches and installed them in the correct order.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-rain/d...s/patch-23

I just reinstalled Amnesia. It is by far my favourite game, though I've had to take a break after playing over a 100 custom stories. I couldn't be more lucky to have such an amazing custom story to get back into it!
Too bad I didn't get the first key Sad Will be trying again later!

I see you've only just posted a newer patch, so ignore any feedback/critisism that you've already fixed.
Spoiler below!
This was very well made, you've put a lot of effort into it, and I can only say that I hope you'll make more custom stories!
Here's my feedback(only meant to help you):
-The voice acting seems to start too late. I pick up a note, and you start reading at line 2 or 3? Is this a bug?
-Don't abuse the monster chase sounds. In the prison cells at the beginning, you hear the monster chasing sound in some rooms, I personally don't like this. I jumped behind a wall and sat there for a few minutes before realising there was nothing coming at me.
-A small thing that bugged me a bit was that in the lever room, all levers were in the exact opposite direction of what they were supposed to be. That's not very puzzling, is it?
-Even though the boss 'fight' was very creative and original, it took me quite some tries to beat. I like Amnesia for being different from other games, and I don't like the fear and atmospheric feeling making place for annoyance because I've died yet again.
-When getting stuck at the boss, I exited and loaded the game from an earlier point, but if you reload the boss map from an earlier point, you can't open the bar lock for some reason.

Apart from this, I loved everything. The lighting, mapping, everything was just great. Very creative use of 'holy items', sounds, recycling of items Tongue (how you use the metal bucket twice), and more.

My guess at the storyline?
Spoiler below!
I really don't know, I had a hard time following it.
I think it's a bit like Justine. I think the main character is the same person as Ulrich, and he left himself the notes. Though when he realises this, he commits suicide, because he cannot escape.

How I defeated the boss.(more specific, if anyone needs)
Spoiler below!
During the part where he says 'And then there was light!', you grab the cross on the altar and point it at the door. After he comes out the door, just poke him with the cross once, then turn around and run straight for the booth room door. Note that he gets mad at you as soon as you touch it. Open the door, run in, run around the booth and back. Close the door and lock it, you have to take the bar and put it on there as soon as possible, no hesitating!

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013, 06:19 PM by Tommyboypsp.)
02-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

The moddb doesn't work, can you upload on MediaFire?

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
02-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Find