Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Insults, arguments it's so pointless what's the point?
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
Insults, arguments it's so pointless what's the point?

Hey there community again..

I just noticed recently that this community is getting really annoying, insulting and not cool anymore what it used to be. This is only my opinion, but there is too many threads where are too many arguments, insults and getting published story creators really annoyed.

I have to say something now here and ask everyone here who is still active in the forums, threads whatsoever.

and ONLY In my opinion I have to ask this community these questions:

Why everyone still arguing if someone is bad creating bad CS or FC and really barking and getting mad?

Why this community insults right away new newbies if their release something work in proigress mods just for learning stuff.. and they get really bad feedbacks right away then everyone is mad every freaking time why we do that? STILL? Yes I get it Showcase is for "Finished mods" but if they still release wip mods, betas etc. in right sections they still get negative comments every freaking day why this still apperas here? Why we dont learn nothing about this?

Why there are only few members what advice newbies to learn stuff in a good way and helping with tutorials?

Okay there is my most important questions to ask for you..

Now what we must do to get this community back in track and we will threat everyone nicely no matter how bad their project, mod whatever is?

I'm really getting sicked there negative threads and there are many I can tell and proof and search them for you. It's just annoying and my motivation is really getting near zero with my project if this continues and I will quit making anything for this community and maybe just quit whole thing.. what I loved to do first.

We need seriously someting to do now or this whole community falls apart.

This is just my opinion how this community goes for now.

I need answers and honest opinions now. Thank you.

- Humi Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013, 04:46 AM by HumiliatioN.)
02-22-2013, 04:44 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Insults, arguments it's so pointless what's the point?

No offense, but I'm pretty sure this is quite similar to Robosprog's thread here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20355.html

Which was made not too long ago. Members here, in a general sense, have come off of the negative attitude towards newer members. Don't look so much in the past anymore. Many members here do that, and it annoys me when I see things like "No flying naked men in my custom story!" Honestly, when was the last time that happened in a custom story? Because it's been quite awhile for me.

Some of the senior members are a bit feisty, and it bothers me as well, but it's occurred much less recently, and I'd wish more members would stop dwelling on this. Complaining does nothing, action does. So when you see a newbie post his work, give him some tips, let him know what needs fixing, and if he accepts it, GREAT! He's on his way to being one of the top guns. Not everyone here started off as a pro, you can't tell me your first map you ever made was perfect, none of you, not me, hell, even Frictional's first "maps", though mainly alpha/beta stages, were still in need of improvement. And what did they do? They get playtesters who give them feedback, they apply that feedback, and the results come back positive for the creator, AND the playtesters. You start telling them it's shit? They can't what to improve on, you go "TOLD YOU SO!" and they stop making things. Another member gone. Another potential creator whose second story could've been in your Top 10.

So please, don't bring this up. Everyone means well, they just don't show it sometimes. I think some of the sassy senior members are still burned up from the "era of PewDiePie CS" and can't move on. I think it's okay to assume we're out of that now, so time to get out of the hole or worrying about this forum now. It's not making it much better making everyone feel like shit.

TL;DR
Read it.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013, 06:44 AM by Statyk.)
02-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(02-22-2013, 06:39 AM)Statyk Wrote: No offense, but I'm pretty sure this is quite similar to Robosprog's thread here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20355.html

Which was made not too long ago. Members here, in a general sense, have come off of the negative attitude towards newer members. Don't look so much in the past anymore. Many members here do that, and it annoys me when I see things like "No flying naked men in my custom story!" Honestly, when was the last time that happened in a custom story? Because it's been quite awhile for me.

Some of the senior members are a bit feisty, and it bothers me as well, but it's occurred much less recently, and I'd wish more members would stop dwelling on this. Complaining does nothing, action does. So when you see a newbie post his work, give him some tips, let him know what needs fixing, and if he accepts it, GREAT! He's on his way to being one of the top guns. Not everyone here started off as a pro, you can't tell me your first map you ever made was perfect, none of you, not me, hell, even Frictional's first "maps", though mainly alpha/beta stages, were still in need of improvement. And what did they do? They get playtesters who give them feedback, they apply that feedback, and the results come back positive for the creator, AND the playtesters. You start telling them it's shit? They can't what to improve on, you go "TOLD YOU SO!" and they stop making things. Another member gone. Another potential creator whose second story could've been in your Top 10.

So please, don't bring this up. Everyone means well, they just don't show it sometimes. I think some of the sassy senior members are still burned up from the "era of PewDiePie CS" and can't move on. I think it's okay to assume we're out of that now, so time to get out of the hole or worrying about this forum now. It's not making it much better making everyone feel like shit.

TL;DR
Read it.

All true and I know that thread it's similar, but I have this feeling to brought this up.. just for people knowing more this "Insult type of thing" has to stop right now. I undestand you competely what you are saying here. I'm just frustrated sometimes like yesterday where Robospog and dnalange start's arguing and dnalange full conversion gets really negative feedback only that reason.. where he has couple stolen models.. it's just stupid to get all people mad just for that.

that's not the only thread where is happening this arguing. I'm glad you answered to this and give youre opinion I just want to see what other people's think too about this.

02-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(02-22-2013, 03:51 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: I undestand you competely what you are saying here. I'm just frustrated sometimes like yesterday where Robospog and dnalange start's arguing and dnalange full conversion gets really negative feedback only that reason.. where he has couple stolen models.. it's just stupid to get all people mad just for that.
Arguing, and purposely negative feedback as a whole I'd say should very much be discouraged, but I feel that I have to point out the Mental Memorial case, and single out the reasons for that.

I disagreed with Robosporg's initial way of rating the mod before finishing it, but that's a bit beside the point here in this case. The main reason I believe people got so worked up in Mental Memorial's case was that dnalange has been very unreceptive to more negative feedback as a whole, mostly by saying that people do not understand his hard work when they've never tried making mods themselves as if it deprives them of the right to judge a mod negatively.

He also had become upset when people pointed out that there was pirated content in the mod, claiming that people were trying to "ruin" his mod by pointing such a matter out.

The case that happened in Robosporg's Eternium thread was mainly because the way dnalange was giving his criticism made it seem like it was mainly because he was upset about Robo's poor feedback to his in the first place, and many of his sentences reflect that which just makes it seem more like it was born out of spite rather than a legitimate review.

There may be misunderstandings here of course, and this is just how I interpret the events, and if anyone wants to have their say at their view of the events, they're more than welcome to.

Regardless, what does this mean? Proper feedback, and nice courteous behavior towards other mod makers is very much possible, but only if both sides are willing to maintain the positive atmosphere about it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013, 05:16 PM by Kreekakon.)
02-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Well, dnalange got tons of constructive criticism but he chose to ignore and insult those who did.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
02-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

Imo, negative comments towards mods are completely pointless.

You don't like something? Do one of these two things

1. Vacate: stop playing, stop reading about it, just back off and ignore it. Don't leave a dislike or a resentful comment or something equivalent. Isolate yourself from that thing you hate and be done with it.

2. Support: Provide constructive criticism to help them improve or to teach them something. Nobody needs an insult, it is counterproductive and leads to more heartache in the future. Stuff will just snowball and tumble downhill.

All of this custom content is completely free and is a gift from the person who made it. They don't have to make it, and they probably should get paid for some of the stuff here. New members are learning the ropes, eager to get better and/or have fun and some of us shoot them down like a shotgun to birds.

Insanity. Static.
02-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Really interesting answers here.

It's simple some people's can't take criticism and some people's just have to give really harsh feedback then they later learn it what they said badly or not. It's just that simple which is bothering me sometimes, but we have simple to accept that.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2013, 04:25 AM by HumiliatioN.)
02-23-2013, 04:24 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

You see, most people gives feedback, but only leaves with a message that you must repair it. But, they didn't point out what was wrong with it. I'm not one of them. Although i never played custom stories, i give good feedback. I just see the screenshots, see what is wrong, and gives them how to make it better.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-26-2013, 06:05 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

We've gotten bored of our toys, thus turned to bickering amongst one another; just have to maintain sanity till AMFP.
02-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Find