Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request [WRITER] looking for work on Custom Stories and Indie Games!
F0xtrain Offline

Threads: 1
[WRITER] looking for work on Custom Stories and Indie Games!

Hiya,

(This is my first post, so please be kind/patient.)

TL;DR- looking for work in Custom Stories/indie games. Paid or unpaid, paid pref, won't be denied if not paid. Happy to help with storyline, plot, characters, lore, background or otherwise. Contact me here or comment, anything works.
Deviantart; http://foxtrain.deviantart.com/gallery/
My "terms" will be provided upon serious interaction/inquest.

Cool
I'm an unqualified writer who is currently looking for some form of work. My love of games has brought me here, and my high interest of Amnesia/indie games/indie developers has spurred me to offer my services in the Custom Story area.

I have noticed, as a player and watcher of many-a-custom story, that some developers struggle to develop their stories, characters or plot. Sometimes, this can come down to simple spelling errors, or a difficulty in understanding the English language (presuming an English-speaking audience is your main goal.)
((Trust me, I know how annoying it can be sometimes, so please know I'm not picking on anyone or stating that it takes away from the story itself- in most cases, it does not. However, I do see many people comment on fractured plot, bland characters or broken English as a downside to perfectly good stories.))

Quite basically, if you are currently in the process of making a Custom Story, or considering it, I would love for you to contact me if you feel you're struggling to create the storyline, or know what you want, but cannot put it into words.

While I would prefer for this to be paid work, I do understand that 95% of people make Amnesia Custom Stories for fun, and am entirely down for that too. Because this is the case, stories/developers that pay would most likely be put before those who do not, but I am not a shallow person- just to have my name in the ending credits will help me in the long run.

My Deviantart, if you would like to see some of my work, is here; http://foxtrain.deviantart.com/gallery/

It features poetry, short stories, chapter stories and descriptive pieces. I feel it gives a good view of what I am generally capable of- if you feel like you need more, please feel free to private message me here, Deviantart, or through a comment on this thread.
(I do have email notifications open and will get back to you ASAP!)

Thank you for reading! I hope to help some people very soon- if you have any friends or fellow developers looking for something similar to me, please consider sharing this with them. Smile

-User F0xtrain
04-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: [WRITER] looking for work on Custom Stories and Indie Games!

I've been looking something like this, i am a writer myself but not a good one, not yet, and i have problems with my use of english, so i am not native speaker.

I have a project here which might need some grammatical, proof reading check.
I haven't written the story yet to finish, so if you get something in your mind from the notes which are already there or from my explanations of the plot, i might let you continue writing it.
I've already one grammar and proof checker with me, (i guess?) but he seems too busy with other personal things he has going on.

You're taking my offer?
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2014, 03:32 PM by Red.)
04-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Find