Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.79 Average
Work in progress [IFC] ETERNIUM: Mercy of the Mother
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: [IFC] ETERNIUM - Chapter One

I'm honestly going to have to agree with Humi here (his first post at least). The screenshot is good, but it really is just average imo. I've already seen a dozen variations of that basic room in other mods (same lighting, layout, detailing, etc). When I post a screenshot, I generally go for something I did that I thought was really unique or interesting, not just an average room. Of course it's necessary to have some of those rooms since you can't make every room be some unique new use of the assets, but I wouldn't post screenshots of them. I'd rather see one or two really unique screenshots a month than see a dozen or so of basic Amnesia rooms a month.

Posting Freak
02-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(02-26-2013, 10:59 AM)Kman Wrote: I'm honestly going to have to agree with Humi here (his first post at least). The screenshot is good, but it really is just average imo. I've already seen a dozen variations of that basic room in other mods (same lighting, layout, detailing, etc). When I post a screenshot, I generally go for something I did that I thought was really unique or interesting, not just an average room. Of course it's necessary to have some of those rooms since you can't make every room be some unique new use of the assets, but I wouldn't post screenshots of them. I'd rather see one or two really unique screenshots a month than see a dozen or so of basic Amnesia rooms a month.

I don't think the matter at hand is about whether, or not the picture was average or not. It's more about Robo being upset that it seemed to him that his picture was called average without a further in-depth explanation to why that was.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
02-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Yeah I know, but I was just trying to stay away from the whole argument in that post. I just agreed with what he originally said and I thought Robo could use a better explanation, and cause I think he has a lot of potential he's not living up to right now (mapping wise at least).

Posting Freak
02-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(02-26-2013, 10:59 AM)Kman Wrote: I'm honestly going to have to agree with Humi here (his first post at least). The screenshot is good, but it really is just average imo. I've already seen a dozen variations of that basic room in other mods (same lighting, layout, detailing, etc). When I post a screenshot, I generally go for something I did that I thought was really unique or interesting, not just an average room. Of course it's necessary to have some of those rooms since you can't make every room be some unique new use of the assets, but I wouldn't post screenshots of them. I'd rather see one or two really unique screenshots a month than see a dozen or so of basic Amnesia rooms a month.

You are so right. Because I just simple get angry easily because "Average" word for Robo is really pissing him off right away. He can't just say what other people's in many threads" Like this: "Okay that's your opinion, fine! I will try next time harder and create something really unique picture. I'm just used to people's like that, this time I should explain better and avoid that annoying conversation.

You're problem here is Robo that you are posting these pictures too many in one day or couple days, that's why I say in first place it's average because you basically rushed and post it really soon. This is not a competition who is faster making decent or average pictures. Take you're time and spent even more time and make something really mind-blowing stuff with pictures and yes I'm sorry my attitube later on.. and that was pointless, but you have to see what I really mean here, I don't ever try to insult or begin argument or I'll try to avoid that much as I can, but this time basicly I little snapped and started barking other childish stuff, but one thing I Never start complaining, arguing or insulting for no reason.

and yeah guys if you don't understand some of my meaning or weird words.. because of my crappy english. Sorry about that.

I'm good for now. Just chill everyone now.

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 04:01 PM by HumiliatioN.)
02-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(02-26-2013, 04:00 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: You're problem here is Robo that you are posting these pictures too many in one day or couple days, that's why I say in first place it's average because you basically rushed and post it really soon. This is not a competition who is faster making decent or average pictures. Take you're time and spent even more time and make something really mind-blowing stuff with pictures

You might be right, man, but if you don't mean to give any criticism into a picture and just say "average", well that's a hit straight to the head and robosprog might be right to get angry like that. If you don't mean to say anything more than "average", then don't just say anything. If you mean to say "you post a lot of screenshots", just say it before. The quarrel didn't need to grow up like this, y'know?

Now, everyone calm, lets drink lotsa chocolate and fart rainbows outta our asses like always. Big Grin

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 05:23 PM by Hardarm.)
02-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Oh is My Love that kind of short story-driver only story with a boy and a girl? I really liked it if that was it. Long time ago but still remember it. It'd would be nice to see something like that again.
02-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Great, I'll keep an eye on this IFC from now and on at moddb. Will the first chapter include the prologue too? So that I can follow the chapter one moddb page.
02-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

ok great, can't wait then! Smile
02-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(02-26-2013, 05:59 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(02-26-2013, 04:00 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:

You are so right. Because I just simple get angry easily because "Average" word for Robo is really pissing him off right away. He can't just say what other people's in many threads" Like this: "Okay that's your opinion, fine! I will try next time harder and create something really unique picture. I'm just used to people's like that, this time I should explain better and avoid that annoying conversation.

You're problem here is Robo that you are posting these pictures too many in one day or couple days, that's why I say in first place it's average because you basically rushed and post it really soon. This is not a competition who is faster making decent or average pictures. Take you're time and spent even more time and make something really mind-blowing stuff with pictures and yes I'm sorry my attitube later on.. and that was pointless, but you have to see what I really mean here, I don't ever try to insult or begin argument or I'll try to avoid that much as I can, but this time basicly I little snapped and started barking other childish stuff, but one thing I Never start complaining, arguing or insulting for no reason.

and yeah guys if you don't understand some of my meaning or weird words.. because of my crappy english. Sorry about that.

I'm good for now. Just chill everyone now.

I'm not upset you called my picture average, and explaining for the tenth time why not is redundant, you simply ignore that. I do appreciate people's opinions, I can take criticism, but your original post offered no constructive criticism along with it and was purely condemning my picture as "average" with no visible reason. That's why I'm annoyed, and even though I tried to explain I simply wanted constructive criticism not mindless criticism which helped me not at all, then you start screaming and crying. You insulted without reason and now try to make it appear as if I was the bad guy. Don't make me out to be the bad guy, because I persisted as much as I can to be the good guy and be reasonable.

I am not pissed off, I never was, nor was I annoyed by my pic being called average, I was annoyed by the fact you called it average and gave NOTHING else that could be considered contructive criticism which could help to improve that. If you had included even a bit of useful information for me to see/use I wouldn't have cared. But you started saying I was butthurt etc. I must ask, are you even reading my posts? Every one has been calm, reasonable and made clear I just would have appreciated actual, valuable feedback, yet you went ahead and ignored that and still persist with this idiotic, childish fallacy I can't accept criticism or other opinions? That is untrue, and you know it. I can't accept your behaviour in this thread, and I'm certain that you are aware your behaviour was inadequate and more suiting to high school kids in your reaction. "DEAL WITH IT, RETARD" Whilst not using caps, that's all it takes to show the nature of this post and the environment it belongs in. It does not belong in a mature environment such as this.

It is your opinion I am rushing these environments - I disagree, this is a slow pace for me, I generally spend on my "showcase" environments a fair few hours. The best environments both in prologue and here take me around five hours tops, and that's generally due to how quick and fluid I am with the tools nowadays (do you know if you click on an object and press f it takes you to it's point of origins height?). I appreciate some areas do look like that, however I am sure that when the mod comes out, if you bother playing it, you will appreciate what I have been able to do.

And I understand I post a lot of screenies. There are a few areas I like more than some I'm not showing off so people get a "woah" moment, but I prefer to post a lot here so I have a large resource to tap into for moddb pics which I space out more, as well as a way of judging if I'm getting better with the map editor over time.

But back to the point, yes, the first reply was aggressive and I intended it so, I wanted to provoke you into responding, however I did not anticipate you to be offended by that, and that was a mistake to be that aggressive - however I could not be sure you would elaborate on your response, and that is why I did that. I guess too much aggression was a mistake.

Also, Kman, care to elaborate on wasted/not living up too potential?

Okay that's solved now. We both are guilty what is happening here. Just leave this conversation alone and I'm also looking forward to this and I'm good. Question is are you? It's wise to stop now or we will spam this thread full of these childish arguments. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
02-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

[Image: tumblr_mejqhgja7P1rsg890o1_250.gif]

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
02-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Find