Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your personality?
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Your personality?

(02-27-2013, 03:03 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 12:55 AM)nackidno Wrote: I've done this (or similar) tests numerous times in the past. I personally think they are a waste of time because the result changes all the time. These kind of tests have a name I can't recall right now and they only give results based on how you feel for the moments, so in essence, they are totally worthless in terms of personality test, because it doesn't really tell you your personality but rather how you perceive social situations for the moment you take the test, which normally varies multiple times per day.

I'm supposedly introvert right now, I blame it on the lack of sleep.

They are called Myers-Briggs tests, and for me, they have been a complete indication of my personality each time I took one. Also, you are supposed to answer questions based on how you normally are, not based on your current mood, maybe there's your problem

Pretty much this. The result I got was spot on for my personality as a whole.

Posting Freak
02-27-2013, 03:49 AM
Website Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(02-27-2013, 03:03 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 12:55 AM)nackidno Wrote: I've done this (or similar) tests numerous times in the past. I personally think they are a waste of time because the result changes all the time. These kind of tests have a name I can't recall right now and they only give results based on how you feel for the moments, so in essence, they are totally worthless in terms of personality test, because it doesn't really tell you your personality but rather how you perceive social situations for the moment you take the test, which normally varies multiple times per day.

I'm supposedly introvert right now, I blame it on the lack of sleep.

They are called Myers-Briggs tests, and for me, they have been a complete indication of my personality each time I took one. Also, you are supposed to answer questions based on how you normally are, not based on your current mood, maybe there's your problem

I agree with nackidno. Smile

There is one critical fact that I think is important to note: personality is not the same as personality type. There are many variables that define your personality, some of which have nothing to do with personality type. To determine your personality type within any system, you must know exactly what to look for, and this is what these tests don't account for.

That's probably why we're seeing so many INTJ's here - because everyone is thoughtful, cautious in decisions and has achieved mastery in something. In fact, according to this test, I am also an INTJ, even though I know I am an ESFP (a complete opposite!).

^(;,;)^
02-27-2013, 05:48 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Projective Personality test is the name

Quote:They are called Myers-Briggs tests, and for me, they have been a
complete indication of my personality each time I took one. Also, you
are supposed to answer questions based on how you normally are, not
based on your current mood, maybe there's your problem
But there is no normal, what you perceive as normal is just that: your perception. And your perception can be both right and wrong, depending on: mood, age, place, night/day, how your day have been and what have happened shortly before the test. I asked a friend to do the test based on how she thinks of me and we got different results, which shows that the test cannot give a true result because it projects only what is perceived, and not what you truly are.

I'm objectively against most kinds of labelling though, just be who you are and don't worry about what other people think and how you should be. That goes for many of psychological diagnoses as well.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Find
PerkeleTappaa Offline

Threads: 2

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/att...p?aid=3704
02-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-28-2013, 12:33 PM)PerkeleTappaa Wrote: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/att...p?aid=3704
Spammer here!

...i tried the test out.
....the results were bad.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

That's what I'm saying though, the result I got wasn't just accurate to my current personality, it pretty accurately summed up the way I've acted and felt for the last 3 - 4 years.

And besides, in regard to your friend taking a test based on you, of course she wouldn't get the same answer because many of the questions have to do with the way you think and feel which only you really know. Part of the result I got is that I'm bad with sharing my feelings, which I've known for a pretty long time, but I highly doubt any of my friends would answer that way for me cause they have no way of knowing that.

Posting Freak
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Website Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(02-28-2013, 04:00 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Spammer here!

...i tried the test out.

How was he spamming?

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™
Your Type
ENFJ
Extravert(1%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(100%) Judging(44%)

You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have strong preference of Feeling over Thinking (100%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Personality tests can be fun once in a while. ^^

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
02-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-28-2013, 04:02 PM)Brosive Wrote:

...i tried the test out.

How was he spamming?

Oh sorry. I saw him posted the same thing once and thought he was spamming. Sorry. Although he posted the same pic on 3 threads.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(02-28-2013, 04:16 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 04:02 PM)Brosive Wrote:

...i tried the test out.

How was he spamming?

Oh sorry. I saw him posted the same thing once and thought he was spamming. Sorry. Although he posted the same pic on 3 threads.

It's fine, the only time it is normally a spammer is if he only has 1-3 post and talks about something off-topic and then provides a link and I don't know why he did that either.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013, 04:18 PM by Brosive.)
02-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Find