Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average
RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION
Juras Offline

Threads: 2
RE: RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION

I guess I could help you since I have made few monsters before and made them work in Amnesia. Does the rig consist of only joints or does it have controllers or something aswell? Cause I heard you have to bake the animation first before exporting to HPL2 if you have more than just joints which Im yet to try.

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 10:17 AM by Juras.)
12-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Find
vengey Offline

Threads: 7

I would love some help Juras Big Grin Good news is that I have all of the models to be rigged, however it is the matter of rigging them and importing them, I have the skeleton all set up on model 1. I am not sure if it is properly rigged according to HPL Editor though, however it allows fluid skin movement within the editor, so that isn't the issue, it is the fact that HPL cannot recognize neither the skeleton nor the textures assigned to said skeleton. I know how to get things to work with ENTITIES however when it comes to characters and enemies it is a completely different process in hindsight.

If you are able to get it to work is it possible that you could tell me the process you went through to get the model to work properly. I havent done any animations yet, I just want a Base Mesh that WORKS before I begin animating so I don't waste any valuable time. Trust me man you are getting a huge credit for this in the final project if you can get this to work because then it is smooth sailing from there :3

https://www.mediafire.com/?ik3l54z9q2b9lng

^^^^The link to the model and files SO FAR

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 03:51 AM by vengey.)
12-02-2013, 03:47 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Alright then, just send me your rigged model(I'll pm you with my email details or skype whichever is better for you to send files) and I'll check it out and see if I can properly export it and then I'll try to tell you the process of it. Glad to be of help Smile

Edit: Nvm the contact details, didnt see the download link you posted lol xD. I'll check it out as soon as I can

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 07:22 AM by Juras.)
12-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Okay, so I took a look at the model and I don't know if it was intened but the topology is completely messed up. There were around 65000 messed up polys with bunch of triangles that are completely unnceccesary, but I could see the indication of the squares which suggests me that that was the original topology and that you used some sort of a modifier? Anyway, I don't even think HPL2 supports that crazy amount of polys in one mesh lol so I can't really help much without a proper mesh Tongue Hopefully you have the original mesh with the proper non decimated topology which you can rig again and re upload it and then I'll be able to export it Smile

12-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Find
vengey Offline

Alrighty Juras! I am glad that I didn't go onto animating it right away then. I will get you the original mesh and I will progress onwards from there. Better to have wasted 1 day's worth of work rather than a whole week in between classes Big Grin Thanks Juras, I will see what I can do, btw I saw your youtube channel and all I can say is teach me sensei xD

12-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Great, let me know when it's ready Smile Also I gotta ask, why did you make the topology so messed up lol? And thanks for checking out my channel haha I have more of my newer work on the Frunken Productions channel if your intrested Tongue

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013, 07:20 AM by Juras.)
12-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Find
vengey Offline

Currently playing Resident Evil 0 and seeing if there is some possible way of crossing out the LAB section of Resident Evil 2 and taking the alternate route to the water treatment plant in efforts of creating a parallel, non-crossing storyline

Also on a side note, college finals have been killing me and wont continue development until the finals end...

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 12:50 AM by vengey.)
12-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Find
Juras Offline

When you're ready to re-rig the monster with good topology make sure every part of it is combined into one mesh and use 1 uv cause appatently it wont work if you try to rig and skin multiple meshes with one skeleton. It made HPL2 crash when I did that with my own monster :/

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 08:50 AM by Juras.)
12-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

Wow, this looks pretty amazing! Huge RE and Claire Redfield fan right here so I'm super stoked to see how this turns out! Good luck and well wishes to the development team!

12-11-2013, 03:43 AM
Find
vengey Offline

Thanks AGP! This is going to take a while that is for damn sure, but finally ONE of the MAIN parts of the game is completed officially, there are only a few other detail heavy maps I will have to do I think like the elevator in the factory, the basement lab HUB room, the library and the Cess Pool and possibly the train station if I don't decide to drift the ending to the Resident Evil 0 Water Treatment plant for plot purposes. The rest is mainly just simple hallways and rooms so I can get that done relatively quickly. But anyways, UPDATES!

[Image: 2013-12-16_00002.jpg]

[Image: 2013-12-16_00003.jpg]

[Image: 2013-12-16_00005.jpg]

[Image: 2013-12-18_00001.jpg]

12-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Find