Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average
RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION

Quote: I just finished rigging the first zombie 3D Model:[...]
Just out of curiosity, since I'm a rigger/ animator too... why did you think 9 spine joints were necessary, but didn't even give him an extra forearm joint so you can twist the wrist properly? Seems a bit like wasting joints in the wrong place to me Smile
03-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Find
vengey Offline

Threads: 7

(03-05-2013, 11:08 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Just out of curiosity, since I'm a rigger/ animator too... why did you think 9 spine joints were necessary, but didn't even give him an extra forearm joint so you can twist the wrist properly? Seems a bit like wasting joints in the wrong place to me Smile

That's what you would think, but the extra joints along the back are the spine, they allow for increased range of motion to match the curvature of the human spine! And the parts along the hips, there are 3 joints, one which is for the left thigh, one for the right thigh, and the middle one which is the "Hips Override" which allows for a 3D Modeler/Animator to select the whole mesh using JUST that single joint. So actually every single joint is perfectly matched to the human body, the spine has multiple joints in it thus the mass amounts of joints, trust me I took a class on 3D Modeling and Animation last year in 11th grade, I got it covered Wink But thanks for the feedback though, it is greatly appreciated! Big Grin

03-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(03-05-2013, 04:05 PM)vengey Wrote:

That's what you would think, but the extra joints along the back are the spine, they allow for increased range of motion to match the curvature of the human spine! And the parts along the hips, there are 3 joints, one which is for the left thigh, one for the right thigh, and the middle one which is the "Hips Override" which allows for a 3D Modeler/Animator to select the whole mesh using JUST that single joint. So actually every single joint is perfectly matched to the human body, the spine has multiple joints in it thus the mass amounts of joints, trust me I took a class on 3D Modeling and Animation last year in 11th grade, I got it covered Wink But thanks for the feedback though, it is greatly appreciated! Big Grin

-
When you will send me some stuff for mapping Venge?
COuldnt see you on skype yesterday..
Let me know. i will be on skype!
03-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Find
vengey Offline

(03-05-2013, 04:11 PM)dnalange Wrote:
(03-05-2013, 04:05 PM)vengey Wrote:

-
When you will send me some stuff for mapping Venge?
COuldnt see you on skype yesterday..
Let me know. i will be on skype!

I am actually still working on getting the materials for the mapping process, as of now I have primitives and am working on custom walls, static entities, as soon as I have enough to fill an area, I will send the files on over to you to begin mapping that map, the prison area is just about done and ready for mapping which is the intro map, I shall try to send you those files over skype tonight when I get home from school, as of now I am in study hall with my laptop working on Maya stuff, I only need to do two door entities then I think we can just work with the original amnesia bars and I will just retexture the color values to fit the scene.

03-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

It's nice to see the zombie models, but here is a tip:

If you plan on releasing content that teases the mod, you should NEVER show us the monsters. Otherwise it won't be that scary if we know whats out there without even playing the mod.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: That's what you would think, but the extra joints along the back are the spine, they allow for increased range of motion to match the curvature of the human spine! And the parts along the hips, there are 3 joints, one which is for the left thigh, one for the right thigh, and the middle one which is the "Hips Override" which allows for a 3D Modeler/Animator to select the whole mesh using JUST that single joint. So actually every single joint is perfectly matched to the human body, the spine has multiple joints in it thus the mass amounts of joints, trust me I took a class on 3D Modeling and Animation last year in 11th grade, I got it
covered [Image: wink.gif] But thanks for the feedback though, it is greatly appreciated! [Image: biggrin.gif]
...well I was just wondering, because I've seen and animated quite a number of biped rigs for games in my job so far and none required more than 3-5 spine joints plus the pelvis. I've only ever seen a higher number of spine joints in film rigs. But do whatever you think is best of course! (And add a forearm joint. Do it. Big Grin )

Btw, are you planning to make a control rig for your joints, too?
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013, 11:07 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Find
vengey Offline

Quote:..well I was just wondering, because I've seen and animated quite a number of biped rigs for games in my job so far and none required more than 3-5 spine joints plus the pelvis. I've only ever seen a higher number of spine joints in film rigs. But do whatever you think is best of course! (And add a forearm joint. Do it. Big Grin )

Btw, are you planning to make a control rig for your joints, too?

Most likely I will haha, I just finished making all the models for the Prison section so now I can focus on animating this bad boy Smile Also I shall add that forearm joint if I can squeeze it on into there, thanks man! Big Grin

03-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

I just realized you're the guy who made that silent hill mod. That was awesome. I can't tell you how much I've always wanted to smack a grunt in the face and have it actually do something! I'll definitely be playing this. Smile

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
03-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(03-06-2013, 12:16 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: I just realized you're the guy who made that silent hill mod. That was awesome. I can't tell you how much I've always wanted to smack a grunt in the face and have it actually do something! I'll definitely be playing this. Smile

Yeah I just played that yesterday and it was fun as heck!

Spoiler below!
Except I got abit stuck at finding the musical cylinders so I had to use a walkthrough for that part.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Find
vengey Offline

(03-06-2013, 12:16 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: I just realized you're the guy who made that silent hill mod. That was awesome. I can't tell you how much I've always wanted to smack a grunt in the face and have it actually do something! I'll definitely be playing this. Smile

Thanks man Smile

(03-06-2013, 11:38 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote:

Yeah I just played that yesterday and it was fun as heck!

Spoiler below!
Except I got abit stuck at finding the musical cylinders so I had to use a walkthrough for that part.

Wellllllll Minus the crummy voice acting xD, there is no way I am contacting Payton to voice act anymore(Harold)

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013, 01:14 AM by vengey.)
03-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Find