Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia 1.2 / Justine DLC Problem
truenorth Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Amnesia 1.2 / Justine DLC Problem

Hi, folks!

I bought Amnesia from Amazon (digital game download) earlier today and am loving it! Browsed some custom stories mentioning needing the Justine DLC, so I went and DL'ed the update from http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/98/ since there is no Justine (third) button on the launcher (which I found out, while Googling, should be there if the update/DLC is installed correctly).

Game is installed to: Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent
Updated installed to: Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent

[EDIT: Windows 7 OS]

Still no button, though, although there is a redist folder with another Launcher.exe and Amnesia.exe inside. Using those yields a "missing SDS.dll" error. Using the main folder Launcher.exe works peachy save for no button for Justine.

I've Googled my heart out, checked Amazon in case they had their own update, combed this forum like mad, uninstalled, reinstalled and... well, I guess I've run out of mojo! I'm really hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I'm happy to give any other info if I just know what else I can provide to make this way easier. Smile

Thanks, folks... I appreciate it!

UPDATE: Problem solved! (Thanks Scraper, Plutomaniac and Jens!)

You can:
1. Download the Valusoft version update here: http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=6210 and use to patch.

OR you can:
2. Locate and open the Dist folder created when the update was installed. Select all files/folders and drag and drop (or copy/paste) to the main game folder to copy the files into that folder. If asked, allow files to copy and update older files and/or overwrite older files.

See this thread for further details: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8929.html
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013, 09:46 PM by truenorth.)
02-28-2013, 02:01 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia 1.2 / Justine DLC Problem

It's an installer that you downloaded from Amazon and not a Steam key, right?

02-28-2013, 02:44 AM
Website Find
truenorth Offline

Hi, Scraper!

Yep, it was a complete installer from Amazon, serial # included separately in purchase info.

Thanks! Smile
02-28-2013, 03:37 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

You need to download the update from Amazon. The one found here is for the retail FG version, not steam or Amazon etc... I don't have the exact link, Jens has for sure but I'm sure you can find it easily at Amazon.
02-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You need the update from valusoft. you can use our update but will have to manually select installation directory or move the files after installation.
02-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Website Find
truenorth Offline

Hi, folks!

Thanks for the help. Smile So, Amazon doesn't have an update as far as I can see, but thanks to Plutomaniac's suggestion, it tipped me off to Google for "amnesia update amazon", which led to an older thread here with a suggestion to copy/overwrite the update files to the main folder - which worked! I see Jens suggests that as well, or the Valusoft update.

I'm going to update the OP with the solution outline (for future Googlers) and mark it solved. Thanks again!
02-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Find