Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story (1½ - 2hr Playtime)
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58
The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story (1½ - 2hr Playtime)

The Dark Treasure: Credel Castle's Untold Story

Alright, I know I have mentioned this mod before, but quite a few people thought I were not to finish it. Fear not, the mod is nearing completion! At the bottom of this post you will find a list of features and ToDo's.

ModDB Page:
[Image: 19267.png]

Trailer:
Moddb.

Release Date:
TBA.

Prologue:
Baron Reymond Renald had been the ruler of Brendal Castle for over fifty years when he passed away some two-hundred years ago. Although it was never confirmed that he actually died at that point, a voluminous amount of rumours was spread across the land. A considerable amount of the inhabitants was calmed, yet there were still a few who never gave up on that rumour. Today, we refer these people as “The Dwellers of the Baron” and they are told to be living underneath the castle in the old tunnels. The upperclass have tried to find these so-called Dwellers by ordering their most skilled subordinate to descend down there. His name is Franklin Collar, and yes. That's you!

General Info:
I have been working on this mod since the start of 2011, though I have had almost over a year break and finally gathered my energy to finish this. There are several things motivating me now.

First of all, my friends. I let those who dared beta-test the mod in both its early and current states and they really liked it! I love to see how they react towards both towards the enviorment and ambient settings aswell as the scares. It amuses me! *.*

Secondly, the people on youtube who upload their let's plays of the demo. I just LOVE to see and hear the fears of people playing my creations. Heavy breaths and talking very quietly as tension builds up.

And last, I get to work on this as my final project in school, hence; faster progress and A LOT of motivation when this is my school work!!

Go to ModDB page!

Features in Final Version:
• 1½ - 2 hours of gametime!
• Big, very detailed, unique and atmospheric map design!
• Voice Acting!
• A few custom props and custom sounds!

Tutorials / Puzzle Solutions [Full Version]
Spoiler below!
Cabin Puzzle:
Throw the stone next to the signs on the pipe hanging on the wall and a key will fall out.

Village Puzzle:
Pull down each shovel in front of the three accessible houses to unlock the barn.

Portal Room Puzzle:
(Facing the pedistal in the middle) Pull the levels accordingly:
Up Down
Down Up

Spider Puzzle:
Throw the knife found in the previous room at the spidernet.
If you would lose track of the knife, kill yourself on the spidernet to reset it.

Library Puzzle:
Follow this schematic:
[Image: 7a2mOCJ.jpg]

Riddle Puzzle:
The key is hidden behind the clock on top of the fireplace in the more fancy-looking room. (The left room if you have just entered the door.)

Underground Tunnels Lever Puzzle:
Move the levers accordingly:
I - Down
II - Up
III - Up
IV - UP
V - Down
VI - Down

Underground Tunnels Machine Wheels Puzzle:
Spin the wheels according to this schematic:
http://i.imgur.com/QtQtQVN.jpg

Tutorials / Puzzle Solutions [Demo]
Spoiler below!
Cabin Puzzle:
Throw the stone next to the signs on the pipe hanging on the wall and a key will fall out.

Village Puzzle:
Pull down each shovel in front of the three accessible houses to start the portal.

Portal Room Puzzle:
(Facing the pedistal in the middle) Pull the levels accordingly:
Up Down
Down Up

Spider Puzzle:
Throw the knife found in the previous room at the spidernet.

Library Puzzle:
Follow this schematic:
[Image: 7a2mOCJ.jpg]

Riddle Puzzle:
The key is hidden behind the clock on top of the fireplace in the more fancy-looking room. (The left room if you have just entered the door.)

Storage Key:
Go back to Castle Halls all the way back to the broken statue outside the machineroom. At the three-door cross, use the key on the door in the middle.

Machine Puzzle:
Use the cogwheel in the machineroom and simply lift it close to the gear. The cogwheel will automatically be put in place.
Next, start the machine by pulling the lever to the very left of the machine (Facing the "bridge raising lever").
Last, pull the bridge lever.

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2013, 02:25 AM by Linus Ågren.)
03-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Website Find