Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slowmotion effect?
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Slowmotion effect?

(03-06-2013, 07:14 PM)tonitoni1998 Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 05:57 PM)sonataarctica Wrote: There's more to it that if I remember correctly. There's a function which alters the pitch of the sounds too (correct me if I'm wrong) this also happens when you die I believe.

no it just slowes down. a sound sounds deeper when its slower and higher when its faster. i guess thats because the distances between the amitudes change and that creates a different sound. im not sue though.

Lol, I know that, but it's a game, not real life. When it appears to slow down, it changes your movement/look/run speed. As for the pitch changing, well I'm not sure. It's the part of the script that starts with this:

PHP Code: (Select All)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// DOOR PITCH DOWN SOUNDS
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

void CollideAreaPitch(string &in asParentstring &in asChildint alState)
{

//Slow down player and pitch when walking towards door 
03-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

The function that you want to use is:

FadeGlobalSoundSpeed(float afDestSpeed, float afTime);

afDestSpeed - desired speed
afTime - time in seconds until volume reaches desired speed

Edit: I just read the OP again and noticed that you were already aware of this function. Ignore me then Smile

In Ruins [WIP]
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013, 12:58 AM by NaxEla.)
03-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Find
tonitoni1998 Offline

Threads: 54

(03-06-2013, 11:15 PM)sonataarctica Wrote: Lol, I know that, but it's a game, not real life. When it appears to slow down, it changes your movement/look/run speed. As for the pitch changing, well I'm not sure.

It doesnt matter if its a game or not dude.

Well it seems like this is done there are only the functions i already knew and i have to work with these Big Grin i guess we dont have to discuss this any longer Smile Thanks for the replies anyways

When you are looking for someone, to do the scripting for your Custom Story, ask me!
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013, 01:29 PM by tonitoni1998.)
03-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Find