Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your musical taste?
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Your musical taste?

I think lots of dubstep is ok, but I don't like the style of Skrillex and most of the songs that came after,It's too meaty for me. I like it more gentle and flowy, like the song Kman linked.

That's not to say I don't like fast paced music, DnB is awesome.

But other than that I'm the boring kind of guy, I listen to mostly accoustic singer/songwriter like Dylan, Ryan Adams, Ray LaMontagne, Amos Lee, Bon Iver etc.

I also like Passion Pit, Broken Bells, Modest Mouse, Okkervil River, early Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead etc.

Oh and I also listen to some blues and Soul, like John Lee Hooker, BB King, Buddy Guy, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Norah Jones and some Seal.

And some classics like The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led, some GnR and a little bit of Fleetwood mac (I'm getting more into them now) and Bruce Springsteen.

I like most music, I think Stockhausen is the best though

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Rage against the machine is not bad, but i find myself disagreeing with their views a lot of times. I mean sure, the politians are corrupt and all but i don't see why RATM donates money to murderers in jail.

i forgot his name but i know they are donating money to someone that has killed 2 police officers for stoping him in the traffic. And all other types of murderers.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Lots of really talented musicians have really fucked up/violent messages, it's just something you have to deal with once you start getting into that sort of music. I mean fuck one of the bands I really like has an album called "Shoot The Kids at School" and another one called "Fuck World trade" with a picture of the twin towers crashing on the front of it. Obviously that's some pretty fucked up stuff, but if you can get by that a lot of those bands are really talented (RATM being a prime example).

Posting Freak
03-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Website Find
AdamD Offline

Threads: 7

Nearly everything, specially rock and metal, but also reggae, some disco, 80´s pop, tecno-pop, all that stuff...

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
03-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(03-09-2013, 11:02 AM)DogFood Wrote: Rage against the machine is not bad, but i find myself disagreeing with their views a lot of times. I mean sure, the politians are corrupt and all but i don't see why RATM donates money to murderers in jail.

i forgot his name but i know they are donating money to someone that has killed 2 police officers for stoping him in the traffic. And all other types of murderers.

Because they're stupid left-wingers. I guess killing police officers is acceptable because it's "raging against the machine".
03-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

(03-09-2013, 12:47 AM)jiersk Wrote: So if you want to you can tell your favorite genre, favorite band(s) and/or favorite song(s) here.
Well, that changes almost daily. I listen to basically everything from Classic to Metalcore. If I look at my playlist, I think Rock would be the most present genre.

I can hardly decide what is my favourite band, but I have some all-time-favs such as Genesis, Mike Oldfield, Scorpions, AC/DC, Killswitch Engage, Phil Collins, Disturbed, Muse, Foo Fighters, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, Coldplay, Poets of the Fall...
That's what comes to my mind spontaneously.

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

03-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(03-09-2013, 11:11 AM)Kman Wrote: Lots of really talented musicians have really fucked up/violent messages, it's just something you have to deal with once you start getting into that sort of music. I mean fuck one of the bands I really like has an album called "Shoot The Kids at School" and another one called "Fuck World trade" with a picture of the twin towers crashing on the front of it. Obviously that's some pretty fucked up stuff, but if you can get by that a lot of those bands are really talented (RATM being a prime example).

For me the message is just as important as the talent behind the message. If a band plays like a god but their message and views are something I don't support, then I don't listen to it, because it doesn't cling well with me and my values. For example RatM, I love their music, they are exceptionally good good musicians, but their lyrics and message is so wrong to me that I find them hard to listen to, frankly I find them rather pretentious sometimes, but that might be just me.

That might explain why I listen to a lot of instrumental music, because the message and intention is so floaty it's all about interpretation rather than a fixed message and/or values. That's not to say all instrumental music is neutral, a great deal of propaganda was accompanied by instrumentals, most noticable would be the WWI/II era where music had a large influence on the people of all involving countries (especially the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany and the US). But I'm getting ahead of myself here, sorry.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
03-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Find
AdamD Offline

Threads: 7

(03-09-2013, 12:09 PM)Gharren Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 12:47 AM)jiersk Wrote: So if you want to you can tell your favorite genre, favorite band(s) and/or favorite song(s) here.
Well, that changes almost daily. I listen to basically everything from Classic to Metalcore. If I look at my playlist, I think Rock would be the most present genre.

I can hardly decide what is my favourite band, but I have some all-time-favs such as Genesis, Mike Oldfield, Scorpions, AC/DC, Killswitch Engage, Phil Collins, Disturbed, Muse, Foo Fighters, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, Coldplay, Poets of the Fall...
That's what comes to my mind spontaneously.

I fucking love KsE too, man... and Phil Collins and Disturbed lml

"Dreaming is easy. Waking up is hard..."
03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Yeah that's never really bothered me tbh. That might be because lyrics are pretty close to the bottom on what I look for in music (that is with the exception of folk and other genres where the lyrics are the main focus), so I don't notice a lot of that stuff.

As for RATM's message, while I do agree the actions they propose to fix problems in government and society tend to be harsher than necessary, I do stilll agree with them on a lot of the issues they bring up and are trying to fix. The government really is as corrupt as they make it out to be when you really look into it and it's sickening... And I think that's where a lot of these bands with "offensive" messages from.

Posting Freak
03-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Website Find