Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Strategy First SUCKS
Wavesonics Offline

Threads: 3
Strategy First SUCKS

My god. First, I LOVE Penumbra, and as soon as I get some $ I plan on buying Black Plague.

But I bought Penumbra: Overture when it first came out from Strategy First (digital distribution) downloaded, played it and was happy.

I just went to reinstall it a few weeks ago to play it again because I loved it so much, and it says my activation key is invalid. I've spent 3 weeks now trying to get a working key from Strategy First and they are completely incapable of getting me a working key. All I get from them is copy and paste responses with invalid keys.

Anyway... I absolutely plan on buying Black Plague as soon as I get my job going this summer, great games guys!

--edit
removed some stuff that we don't talk about here on the forums. sorry to hear about the problems!
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2008, 04:25 PM by jens.)
05-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
RE: Strategy First SUCKS

Strategy First has had a bad history. They declared bankruptcy a few years back I believe, and they...

--edit
removed all false "info" from mr all-knowing but always so inaccurate windexglow

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2008, 04:24 PM by jens.)
05-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Find
Paulaner Offline

Threads: 0

Wavesonics Wrote:I just went to reinstall it a few weeks ago to play it again because I loved it so much, and it says my activation key is invalid. I've spent 3 weeks now trying to get a working key from Strategy First and they are completely incapable of getting me a working key. All I get from them is copy and paste responses with invalid keys.

The same for me. They are totally clueless about the activation keys for Overture. In my case, I was *never* able to play and I surely feel robbed. Digital download? Steam is the only reliable answer.
07-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Find
Wavesonics Offline

Threads: 3

Yep, apparently they have a different partner for Black Plauge (Gamer's Gate), and all though I haven't tried re-installing, the first install went fine.

And btw guys, as much as I loved the first Penumbra, you really hit your stride with Black Plauge, I have never had a game scare me as much as BP.

The story telling mechanics you use, the imaginative areas in the game, and especially the ending Wink Goooooood ending, didn't expect that.

You are a top notch independent studio, can't wait to see Requiem and what you guys do after that.
07-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Find