Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Extraction failed
b0rsuk Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Extraction failed

I've just bought Penumbra:Plack Plague and the installer doesn't work.

b0rsuk@Machaka:~/zrzut$ ./penumbrablackplague-2567.sh
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing nixstaller................................................................Extraction failed.
Signal caught, cleaning up

I use Debian Lenny (testing).
The first Black Plague demo had a problem with installer. This is most likely because my /tmp partition is quite small (512MB; I figured I don't really need more because I have 2GB RAM). However I was able to get installer working by simply running it in text terminal (switching with CTRL-F1).
The second Plack Plague demo released a few days later worked just fine.

b0rsuk@Machaka:~/zrzut$ md5sum penumbrablackplague-2567.sh
59a515f5d4800c607ef01c8e6d83eca9  penumbrablackplague-2567.sh
05-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Find
b0rsuk Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Extraction failed

Solved, but it wasn't trivial.
I manually edited the file and changed TMPROOT dir from /tmp to some other directory with enough space. Still, I'm not impressed. I realise it's partially my fault, but it would be nice if the installer said something along the lines "Not enough space in /tmp". That would give a non-tech user a clue as to what look for or google.

I said it wasn't trivial - because most editors couldn't open a file this large. I tried Kate, Kwrite, Kedit, nano, mcedit - all failed. Only vim worked, and I don't particularly like vim.
05-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Find
sybesis Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Extraction failed

b0rsuk Wrote:Solved, but it wasn't trivial.
I manually edited the file and changed TMPROOT dir from /tmp to some other directory with enough space. Still, I'm not impressed. I realise it's partially my fault, but it would be nice if the installer said something along the lines "Not enough space in /tmp". That would give a non-tech user a clue as to what look for or google.

I said it wasn't trivial - because most editors couldn't open a file this large. I tried Kate, Kwrite, Kedit, nano, mcedit - all failed. Only vim worked, and I don't particularly like vim.
Vim is cool...I once made vim crashed really hard...doing some edition and search and replace inside a file of 8000+ lines...when everything looks dark and you think it's the end of the world...Vim will be always their for you Tongue
05-14-2008, 05:31 AM
Find