Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Hunger Games - video game ideas
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: The Hunger Games - video game ideas

(03-17-2013, 06:24 AM)gazidogaming Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 06:19 AM)No Author Wrote: Just asking, what engine shall this game use if someone creates this game ?

I am also looking into Cryengine and Unreal Engine. It all just depends on how the community supports this Smile

I'd suggest Unreal Engine rather than Cryengine.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2013, 06:30 AM by No Author.)
03-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Find
redredgreengreen Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The Hunger Games - video game ideas

I think this is a very good idea for a game, but I had some ideas to improve off of your post. Anything I don't mention just assume i agree with.
The Time Of Day feature of the HUD is a idea I think should be either left out of improved on. For me, I think it would be more like real survival if you had to look at the sky for the time. But if you are going to keep it, I think you should modify it a little. Like if you are in a cave for a few days, and do not leave at all, knowing the exact time is a little unrealistic. So have a function that makes it if you are inside somewhere that you cannot see the sun, the time begins to "distort" An example would be maybe your time being a hour off, or a few minutes ahead. It could be entirely random how much it changes, just as long as it is slowly, maybe the clock skipping a minute every 10 minutes. Another thing you could do is to have a similar, but more extreme, effect if you are deranged.
Hunger could take a while to digest. Eating something takes a little while to kick in. Just a idea. Same with Breath, you have to surface for a while to get it all back. then people will not just surface for a millisecond and get it all back. Things like this could also factor into sneak and athletics.
For Joining a Game, I thing the mini-game should have a minimum of 10 players and the Hunger Game to have a minimum of 20.
I think at the Feast it should be fair game at all times, like for sponsor gifts. In the real hunger games(book, not in real life :>), people tried to steal the other peoples stuff. Also, I think that the items given at the feast should be more needed, instead of just rare or good. Say someone is fatally poisoned, their pack would contain an antidote. Or on a map with little water, for a struggling person, a tree tap(like in mocking jay).
One last thing. I think that your storage should be based more on whether or not you got a backpack. Low storage for someone just carrying the supplies, medium for a improvised backpack (maybe from pelts/ hides) and high for a real backpack. If you have a backpack and find another, you take the items from that one and put them in yours. If there is too much, it will tell you and ask if you want to sort it (this way if you are in battle it wont open a unwanted pop-up) You could also have the option to run with it, letting you take it with you, but hindering your ability to fight. This could give you 2X storage at the expense of your ability to defend yourself (I doubt anyone would sacrifice fighting ability when attacking) It should also slow you down. And the percent of your inventory you have full could also dictate your speed. Someone who is carrying their max moves at the same speed as someone who has a full backpack or improvised backpack. your hunger and thirst could also be affected, but I am not sure how good that would be.
These are just ideas, and like you,I don't care if they are used by someone else. It would be great if these were used in a game someone made.
03-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Find