Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game does nothing after the launcher...
BryanM907 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Game does nothing after the launcher...

I try to play Amnesia and after I click launch game, the launcher shuts down and nothing happens after that...no black screen, nothing. I can run portal 2 just fine so I don't believe it's a Steam issue. Here's the specs that the troubleshooting guide said I should include.

1. What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
-Windows 7 64 bit
2. Is it a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, what model?
Desktop with
GeForce GT 240 PCIe
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz

3. Attach us the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder (at your topic).

And yes I do have the most current drivers for my video card, I tried deleting the config file it suggested in the troubleshooting guide and I don't have any of the programs running in the background that were suggested.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.01 KB / Downloads: 78)
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2013, 10:28 AM by BryanM907.)
03-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game does nothing after the launcher...

The log indicates that the game run and you reached the menu. Are you sure that the game was not minimized or something and you missed it?
03-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Find
BryanM907 Offline

Threads: 1

Yes I'm sure...there's nothing in the task bar at the bottom of my screen and when I opened the task manager there's no program or process running in the background that I can see that has to do with Amnesia. When I installed the game it got to the point where I was to create an identity. I then exite4d because I wanted my son to create his own identity info since I got the game for him. After exiting the game from there, just past some warning info, I tried to relaunch the game and it never would. I rebooted several times, shut the computer down completely to see if some process I couldn't identify was running. There's nothing I can see.
03-20-2013, 02:46 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Have you checked the cache integrity on the game in the steam client?
03-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Go to Documents and delete the folder Amnesia. If that does not work we will try a full clean reinstall.
03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Find