Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you think its a good idea to exclude the save game function in Justine?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it gets much more challengeable and interesting then. Cool
40.00%
4 40.00%
No, Im not gona be able to play long enough, and I hate dying and not being able to respawn. Angry:
30.00%
3 30.00%
Yes, it gets much more challenging, but Id still want a save game feature.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: Justin Save game please.
Erik The Born Offline

Threads: 7
Amnesia: Justin Save game please.

Hello. I just got the Justine DLC to Amnesia but it appears that I cant save. As the big fat coward I am, I thought I have to be able to save LOL. I cant complete this without save so eh. I saw a post wich claimed they had a save game. But he was clever enough to upload it to a site that only leaves the file active for like 2 secs... So Im asking if any1 could reupload it (on a site wich doesnt delete the file after 2 seconds please). I would be very happy then.

Thanks.

// Dont hide from the poll, it wont drain your sanity.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2013, 07:13 PM by Erik The Born.)
03-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Amnesia: Justin Save game please.

Justine was specifically made to not allow saving as it's a short expansion, and it adds to the tension a bit. I don't know how someone would have saved it, nor would I suggest using it. (It could be a potential virus or something of the sort, be careful!) If you're stuck on something, try watching a walkthrough of the part. I died maybe a total of.... 7-8 times before I finally beat the thing.
03-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(03-17-2013, 06:39 PM)Statyk Wrote: Justine was specifically made to not allow saving as it's a short expansion, and it adds to the tension a bit. I don't know how someone would have saved it, nor would I suggest using it. (It could be a potential virus or something of the sort, be careful!) If you're stuck on something, try watching a walkthrough of the part. I died maybe a total of.... 7-8 times before I finally beat the thing.

Heres the link to that thread http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8240.html

It appears to work but the link is outdated as mentioned in my post. Just need someone to reupload it.
03-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(03-17-2013, 07:12 PM)Erik The Born Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 06:39 PM)Statyk Wrote: Justine was specifically made to not allow saving as it's a short expansion, and it adds to the tension a bit. I don't know how someone would have saved it, nor would I suggest using it. (It could be a potential virus or something of the sort, be careful!) If you're stuck on something, try watching a walkthrough of the part. I died maybe a total of.... 7-8 times before I finally beat the thing.

Heres the link to that thread http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8240.html

It appears to work but the link is outdated as mentioned in my post. Just need someone to reupload it.

As I said! I would explain more. Sry for deleting the already existing contents here. But I dont want to make this post so big.
It is as simple as this.
Download this custom story. The password for the archieve is ErikTheBornPwnsMe. Why have a password? Because then I get you to write (or copy and paste) that I pwn you! Yeah its a big price to pay but anyway here it is.
Link 1: http://udownloadnow.host56.com/Justine.zip <-- My own custom FTP server driect link.
Link 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?em5ptvjm87rtd1o <-- In case my website gets taken down. Dumb me mediafire doesnt allow free users to download password protected files! So feel free to upload my Justine.zip again as long as you dont say you made this, or on any other way trying to steal credits!
Place the folder in custom_stories. Launch Amnesia normally and choose custom story in the menu and launch Justine from custom story menu. About the picture dont mind it. Its from my story wich make you able to go through the wrecked door in the Cistern. Dont mind the picture. Blush May I add. The voice wont be of Justine, it will be Daniels voice.

About the missing texts. You can get it by adding the language set to your custom_stories. To do this, go to config then lang_ptest. You must now copy the english.lang and paste it in the custom_stories root. Root means pasting it in the custom_stories folder and not in any subfolders. Rename the lang file to extra_english.lang instead. Now the more tricky part. Now you must make 2 more folders. Make a new folder in custom_stories\ called lang. Enter that folder. In that folder make a folder called eng. In "Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\lang\eng" there is a folder called ptest. Copy that and place it in the eng folder you created in custom_stories\lang\eng. You should now have the required texts. The player will still have Daniels sound however. If you really think its that important that the player should sound like Justine then tell me and I might consider finding out how to make the player sound like Justine.
PS: This might be fucked up and not working. Here some more detail to ensure text will work for you!

This is what I have in my Justine folder.

ptest <-- Folder Containing all the maps, hps files global and inventory from the Justine DLC. Copied from main\maps.
custom_story_settings.cfg <-- Config file. Not edited. My file is no different from the ine included in the links!
ptest_game
ptest_main_init
ptest_menu <-- these ptests, are they even loaded? included these just to be sure!
ptest_pre_menu
story.png
extra_english.lang <-- The language file.

The steps I told you above applied only to the root of my custom_stories meaning my custom_stories hasthese files in them.

This is what I have in my custom_stories folder.

fonts <-- Directly copied from the game fonts in the redist folder.
Justine <-- The actual Justine DLC in a custom story version!
lang <-- Containing eng\ptest just like the step mentioned above folder.
extra_english.lang <-- another to put in custom_stories root. I also have one were Justine\ptest where the maps are.

That should be it. I also gave some hints. It really took some time to write all this etc.. So I hope it helped.

[V Below me! V]

Hints.
WHATEVER YOU DO. DO NOT PULL THE LEVER IN THE DUNGEON! IT WILL EVENTUALLY KILL VICTOR IN THE PRISON!
DONT PULL THE LEVER IN LIBRARY UNLESS YOU PUT SLIDE 4 IN THE UPPER SLOT AND SLIDE 3 IN THE LOWER ONE!
DONT FORGET TO SHUT THE DOOR NEXT TO THE CLOSED DOOR IN THE SEWER BY TURNING THE VALVE SO THAT BOTH 2 DOORS TO THE RIGHT ARE SHUT! THIS IS DONE IN THE LAST ROOM BEFORE THE ENTRENCE TO THE CRYPT. That way you save those guys so far! Remember to also get all the notes in order to get 100%. There some hidden notes in the sewer where you get the lever on the shelves to the right under the most upper box. Theres also hidden notes in the Library behind bokes etc... The guy bashing the door, I dont know if he ever will break through, but I noticed him bashing the door more if i stayed in the room with the projecter. You should hurry after geting note from the bookshelve to the right in the projector room. So far as I know theres no waterlurker in the sewer.

How do we thank you for this Erik?
You can give me reputation, add me to buddy list etc... You may aslo say thank you here on the thread if you want to.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013, 07:04 PM by Erik The Born.)
03-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Well, it's probably gonna ruin your game anyway.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

Why? I like being able to save and then return back.

And why are you here? To tell me its gona ruin my game... You dont have to be so negative about everything. If you think so theres a poll. Just becasue I dont want people saying that on the thread. Dont be afraid of voting. It wont drain your sanity. However you might see an option saying that "I love to sucide and then have to restart everything from the start!" If you are low on sanity that is.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM by Erik The Born.)
03-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Not having a save when I was near the end dying a bunch of times DID get kind of make things a let-down. I almost turned to cheating saves (because yes, making it into a custom story will work in a way). But I just looked at a walkthrough. Having no saves adds to the tension, but if you want to save, then go for it. It may not be the way it was meant to be played, but if you can't do it without, why not?
03-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-18-2013, 03:51 PM)Erik The Born Wrote: Why? I like being able to save and then return back.

And why are you here? To tell me its gona ruin my game... You dont have to be so negative about everything. If you think so theres a poll. Just becasue I dont want people saying that on the thread. Dont be afraid of voting. It wont drain your sanity. However you might see an option saying that "I love to sucide and then have to restart everything from the start!" If you are low on sanity that is.

No, i meant it's probably gonna ruin your game. Why? because that save could do something that backfires at you.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 05:49 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
03-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(03-19-2013, 05:49 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 03:51 PM)Erik The Born Wrote: Why? I like being able to save and then return back.

No, i meant it's probably gonna ruin your game. Why? because that save could do something that backfires at you.

Hmm. Well it hasnt been any back fire. Its just to load my custom story. Add the text if you like. Just like I explained how to do. It hasnt done any thing bad. The only different from the actual story is the player sounds. You sound like Daniel. But no backfire.
03-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Find