Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

MAC Russian Translation of P:O
Adam_B Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago MAC Russian Translation of P:O

I have Russian.lang, font's, voices & textures of Penumbra Overture Windows version from official Windows (and Linux) game. How I can fix russian-MAC version of this game? I put all files in same dir's, but cyrillic letters are not show! I see black screen (whithot «Loading...» and text intro), and instead of menu I see blinking symbols @ #...
Please help me...

In attachment screenshot of Option menu with russian lang-file
05-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: MAC Russian Translation of P:O

The Mac version has only been developed and tested with English so the cause can be many, it might not even work at all. No advice to give on this sorry.
05-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Website Find
Adam_B Offline

jens Wrote:The Mac version has only been developed and tested with English so the cause can be many, it might not even work at all. No advice to give on this sorry.

But french, dutch and italian lang files from that Windows version working great! And this russian lang file work on Linux!.. What the problem? Sad(

[MODERATOR NOTICE: Removed attached file because of copyright issues.]
05-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Find
Buckie Offline

Adam_B Wrote:
jens Wrote:The Mac version has only been developed and tested with English so the cause can be many, it might not even work at all. No advice to give on this sorry.

But french, dutch and italian lang files from that Windows version working great! And this russian lang file work on Linux!.. What the problem? Sad(

Well, I guess the problem may be in encodings. Does Penumbra support UTF-8 or does it work in some other limited charset?
05-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Find
Adam_B Offline

Any news about Russian version of all Penumbra games for Macintosh???
11-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Find