Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!!
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Amnesia should have CO-OP... ;P

(06-03-2011, 10:29 AM)DarkEagle Wrote: That would be awesome, but it ruins the game... Sad

Because it wouldn't be a horror game anymore but a adventure...

When you play with two player's in a scary map it wouldn't be scary anymore..

That's what we call an opinion. The concept that if there happen to be two people, that you're both instantly fearless, is a bit ridiculous, to me.
06-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Instantly fearless is hyperbole, but it's true that more people make you feel more secure. There's ample evidence on this forum of people unable/unwilling to play alone doing fine playing solo while talking to people over voicechat.
06-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(06-03-2011, 09:13 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Instantly fearless is hyperbole, but it's true that more people make you feel more secure. There's ample evidence on this forum of people unable/unwilling to play alone doing fine playing solo while talking to people over voicechat.

Very true indeed.

As someone who played it solo first though, then trading off with friends later and playing/spectating from the same room, it is two totally different experiences. There's no reason why one should freak out over the suggestion of a game implementing two different angles. Of course horror would remain the dominant one, as it should be. Having the extra option would just add more reasons to play for a lot of people.
06-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

(06-03-2011, 09:13 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Instantly fearless is hyperbole, but it's true that more people make you feel more secure. There's ample evidence on this forum of people unable/unwilling to play alone doing fine playing solo while talking to people over voicechat.

There's also ample evidence on youtube of people playing with others in the same room or on voice chat and screaming like children when something scary happens.
06-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Find
Beamerina Offline

Threads: 0

Haven't read the whole topic (lazy me) but has anyone touched upon in-game voice chat? If there was co-op, I think the voice chat should have a range where it can and can't be heard and that same range should be applied to monsters so that when you or your friend run into a monster you have to shut up or they'll be alerted to you. A cool thing this would cause is you'd just hear the monster while your friend went silent leaving you to temporarily wonder about his fate and whether or not you'll be next. This could easily be circumvented with skype I suppose, but all the same.
06-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

I think someone ever said that it would be easier to make this for penumbra as that HLP(1) Engine was Open Source.
06-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Everyone has their opinions... I'm personally not comfortable with co-op/multiplayer. It's better to record your reactions and upload them to youtube.
06-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Website Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

I think anyone who doesn't want to see a co-op game done by Frictional in a horror setting should play and complete Portal 2 co-op and Half-life: Decay, and then imagine those in a masterfully done horror setting by Frictional.

Even if you don't personally find it scary, solving puzzles as a team is an immensely fun experience.
06-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

I agree, it would add a certain value to the game, but only if the co-op is an extra addition, not meant for the main game!

06-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22
Hmm...

As the HLP1 Engine is Open-Source, And there are Penumbra models everywhere, wouldn't it be easier to make a multiplayer out of penumbra instead of Amnesia? Just because the HLP1 engine is open-Source..?

Current Project: [WIP] Lost Memories
Progress: 15%
CLICK FOR MY MODDB PAGE
06-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Find