Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Small horror games
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8
Small horror games

What other horror games did you played lately?
And when I say horror I mean REAL HORROR with jumpscares not some useless zombies and crap like that Big Grin

I have to say that I am a big fan of the small scary games like the pixelated ones.
When I say pixelated I mean AO ONI which is a pretty good and scary game, even tho it's a little hard (well for me) , also HOME , IB , THE CROOKED MAN(which was released not a long time ago) and other games like that which I found very entertaining.

Also, who can forgot about the SCP games and the Slender games.

What do you guys think?

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013, 10:46 AM by Sarcophagus.)
03-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Website Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5
RE: Small horror games

The Last Door and Lone Survivor are great pixelated horror games.
I also like Slender - the eight pages but the sequel (Slender the Arrival) isn't really scary anymore. Maybe it's because the game is in the beta, we will see. Big Grin
The idea of the game "Where am I" (made by the Slender creator) is brilliant! (But not a really scary game). The SCP-gamese were small games in the meantime but nothing special.
03-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(03-23-2013, 10:54 AM)droog Wrote: The Last Door and Lone Survivor are great pixelated horror games.
I also like Slender - the eight pages but the sequel (Slender the Arrival) isn't really scary anymore. Maybe it's because the game is in the beta, we will see. Big Grin
The idea of the game "Where am I" (made by the Slender creator) is brilliant! (But not a really scary game). The SCP-gamese were small games in the meantime but nothing special.

Can you give me links for The Last Door and Lone Survivor please?

And SCP-games were small but had that atmosphere that keeps you alerted all the time because you don't know when the next monster will pop up Tongue

03-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

If you haven't played the original SCP 087 (since containment breach is the only one anyone seems to care about anymore) I'd highly recommend it. It pretty much perfected minimalistic horror and literally rapes all the others in every single way. You definitely need a good attention span to really enjoy it, though.

Posting Freak
03-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Website Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Quote:
Can you give me links for The Last Door and Lone Survivor please?

And SCP-games were small but had that atmosphere that keeps you alerted all the time because you don't know when the next monster will pop up [Image: tongue.gif]

Sure

http://www.lonesurvivor.co.uk/ - Also with playable demo

http://thelastdoor.com/ - with playable teaser Big Grin

Quote:
If you haven't played the original SCP 087 (since containment breach is the only one anyone seems to care about anymore) I'd highly recommend it. It pretty much perfected minimalistic horror and literally rapes all the others in every single way. You definitely need a good attention span to really enjoy it, though.

Hm I thought containment breach was the original game. Big Grin The idea that you have to blink is a good and fresh idea in my opinion, but this monster looked so funny that it killed the atmosphere.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013, 11:07 AM by Draug.)
03-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(03-23-2013, 10:58 AM)Kman Wrote: If you haven't played the original SCP 087 (since containment breach is the only one anyone seems to care about anymore) I'd highly recommend it. It pretty much perfected minimalistic horror and literally rapes all the others in every single way. You definitely need a good attention span to really enjoy it, though.

I played it a long time ago, that was my first SCP

[Image: tumblr_lzrkh35v5p1rn4obco1_1280.png]

03-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Nope, 087 was the first, and what annoys me is that they took what was so amazing about the original and totally changed it in every other game from the series after that (especially containment breach). Like I said, the reason 087 is so amazing imo is because it pretty much perfected minimalistic psychological horror, wheres all the games after that were focused almost completely on physical horror and shock tactics. Plus I'm sorry but the whole blinking thing just felt gimmicky as fuck.

Posting Freak
03-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Website Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(03-23-2013, 11:20 AM)Kman Wrote: Nope, 087 was the first, and what annoys me is that they took what was so amazing about the original and totally changed it in every other game from the series after that (especially containment breach). Like I said, the reason 087 is so amazing imo is because it pretty much perfected minimalistic psychological horror, wheres all the games after that were focused almost completely on physical horror and shock tactics. Plus I'm sorry but the whole blinking thing just felt gimmicky as fuck.

Well I am kinda confused right now because there are a lot of SCP games

Can you give me the link for this 087?

03-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

There isn't an official website, but if you look in the description of this it has download links for Mac a PC. Like I said it's a very experimental game and you're probably going to be bored unless you're really interested in psychological horror, but it pulls off that style of horror fucking well.

Posting Freak
03-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

(03-23-2013, 11:35 AM)Kman Wrote: There isn't an official website, but if you look in the description of this it has download links for Mac a PC. Like I said it's a very experimental game and you're probably going to be bored unless you're really interested in psychological horror, but it pulls off that style of horror fucking well.

I remember playing it a while ago, and I quit just because the atmosphere got so intense.

I think I got to floor 60 something?

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
03-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Find