Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom story idea-Insanity
romy5544 Offline

Threads: 1
Information  Custom story idea-Insanity

Hi, i have an idea for a custom story, i can't make one for some reason so im hoping someone will see this, make it and message me so i can play it myself! Blush
The game is called 'Insanity', you play as a man named Hector and you are trying to escape from the house of your freind, Alexander.
Alexander is a scientist who studies human insanity, he has captured you and has locked you in his test chamber.

Gameplay:
You start in a small room, quite a neat place, a bed, a fireplace, bookshelves, etc.
There is a note on the bedside table, reading:

"Hector i am sorry to do this to you, but i have no choice, i can't study human insanity without a human, the sanest human i could find, you are that human, my test subject.
You will be put through 4 test chambers,
Fear, pain, anger and confusion.
You will remain in each test chamber till you go compleatly insane, then you will faint and wake up in the room you are in now, fully sane once more.
This way i can study you and figure out what makes a human go insane quickest and how long it takes, it will benifit mankind Hector, i know it will!
Once you finish the final test chamber, you will wake up at home, sane and healthy.
Again, i am sorry to do this to you Hector, but your the sanest person i know.
Go through the door to start the first chamber, fear.
Your loyal freind
-Alexander

once you have read the note, you go to the first chamber.
Each chamber is a set of rooms and corridors, each one is different deppending on which one it is.
This chamber is full of poof monsters, jump scares and screams, none of them will hurt you though.
Once you have gone insane (your sanity emptys) you wake up in the first room again.
The next chamber is pain, you will be given plenty of Ladanum (i think thats how you spell it Undecided) beforehand.
This time monsters will appear and claw you once before dissapering, again, when your sanity emptys, you faint and wake up in the first room again.
The next chamber is sadness, many bodys will be found here, you will see most of them be killed yourself, you might even kill a few yourself by accident.
The same thing again, you go mad, faint and wake up in room 1.
The 'final' chamber is confusion.
This chamber is full of keys that don't unlock anything, mazes of rooms and footsteps leading no where.
You expect to wake up back home, as Alexander said, but you wake up in the 1st room again.
You say "What am i doing here? Im ment to be at home, arn't i?"
Theres another note on the table, reading:

Dear Hector
I know you must be confused, i said you would wake up at home after the last chamber.
I am afraid i lied to you, while i studied you, i realised that once i let you go, you would probably call the police and have me arrested,i cant let that happen, all my work would be a waste of time.
So i am putting you through one final test,
Imprisonment
You will be left in this room till you go insane, but then you won't be let out, you will be left to die, im sorry Hector.
All in the name of science.
Goodbye Hector, you were a great freind.
Your freind
-Alexander

You could add some angry dialog here if you wanted, whatever.

Anyway, you find a hammer under the bed which you use to break down the door, Alexander yells then "What!? you can't escape! Hector, wait there, i'm coming down!"
Obviously, you don't listen to him and run away, you are in Alexanders house, its a large house and quite fancy, with many rooms and a high tech study room.
But when you go up the stairs the door swings open and Alexander is standing there, he runs down the stairs after you, the doors out the hallway where the stairs are are locked so theres no way out.
Alexander then says
"Finnaly, iv caught you.
i can't lock you up again Hector, you'd only escape again, sorry Hector, im going to have to kill you.
I'd do it quickly if could, with a gun or a knife, but i have no gun and my knifes are in the kitchen, so im going to have to use one of my earlier creations, one of the monsers you saw in the chambers.
I call them, Nightmares
I shall call one to finish you off, it will be painfull but quick, sorry.
*yelling* Nightmare 1? NIGHTMARE 1!, here!
Goodbye Hector, i'll remember you."
He leaves and you now only have a minuit to find a way out before the nightmare comes and kills you.
There is a bottle of acid in a draw which you use to melt the lock on the door and you run outside.
Alexander see's you running and comes after you with a knife but he falls and twists his ankel.
Here is the script for this moment
Alexander: Agh! OW, my ankle, Hector, help me!
Hector: Why should i? I called you for help many times in the chambers and you didn't come.
Alexander: But, i thought we were freinds
Hector, We still are, but do you know what freinds do when one of them does somthing to the other?
Alexander: What?
Hector: They get even
Now you pick up Alexanders dropped knife and stab him with it.
Now theres a black screen, Hector says how he got home, how the jornalists were always banging on his door, how he had therapy, etc.
But heres what he says at the end of the black screen:
"Dr Sebastian said i might feel better about killing if i visited his grave, so i did".
You are now in a graveyard, its raining, theres a church but the doors are locked and one of the graves has a bounquet of red roses on it, this is Alexanders grave.
You kneel down and appoligise for killing him, telling him that you shouln't have done it and finishing off by telling him your still freinds
But heres the twist, once you say the final line, which is
"I don't know why, but, you and me, Alexander, we're still freinds"
A note appeares on the gravestone, with these words on it:
'We always were, goodbye Hector, i forgive you...
...But i'll be back"
This means you could make a seaquel if you wanted to, or just leave it at that and let the player imagin what happens next
Thanks for reading this post, sorry its very long, please leave replys saying what you think and where i can download it if someone makes it.
Thanks again
-Romy5544

Sorry for any spelling mistakes Sad
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013, 07:11 PM by romy5544.)
03-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Custom story idea-Insanity

Don;t make the name Insanity { for your own good }
There is already a custom story called Insaity { if i aind wrong }
BUT THERE IS one called Insanity : Nocturnal Confusion... Mine just telling..
SO change the name and it will be better! Believe me!
The WALL OF INCOMING TEXT... i will read it aanother time.. try make those walls smaller! lol..
People might NOT want to read all and might overseen importend texts!
03-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

It's a great story, but posting the whole shit here kinda fucks it up.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Hm... I admire the effort you put into this story, but I don't believe many people would want to make someone elses story. Most are occupied with their own ideas...maybe you could start a team instead or join one that needs a story writer?

Also some (hopefully constructive!) criticism:
I dunno...this whole "experimenting on your best friend" - thing doesn't make much sense to me. And apart from the fact that Alexanders motivation is quite flimsy (Sacrificing your best friend just for science? And how would he ever publish his findings anyway without having people inquire about the test subject?), the whole emotional side of the story wouldn't really come across.

In order for the player to feel as betrayed as it would be logical for the character, you would first need to establish the friendship to Alexander. This however never happens, you basically just tell him "That's your best friend and he has betrayed you now for his personal gain." There is no emotional plot twist to be had, because Alexander already feels like the bad guy from the very beginning and the player only has your word that he used to be his best friend... if you know what I mean Wink
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013, 12:05 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

Actually some people do have the skill of mapping and scripting, but do not, however, have the creativity or motivation to think about a plot of their own, so I actually can imagine a team that will take a story and make a decent project out of it, don't you?

And as for the story itself:
As Hirnwirbel said, this is a little unrealistic that one simply takes his best friend as a test subject out of nowhere and experiments him as he wishes, just for the name of science.
If you're sticking up to this plot, at least make Alexander some scientist that has bad relationship/no relationship at all with Hector.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013, 12:18 AM by ClayPigeon.)
03-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

The beginning is actually bad. Make the player to familiarize with the environment. Make sure the Player will think like "This is my house.". And then add the horror.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Find
romy5544 Offline

Threads: 1

As i said, this was just an idea, i know it seems a bit unrealistic with his friend doing this to him, the idea was that Alexander was a 'mad scientist'.
I hadn't really thought about people asking questions afterwards, this was just something i thought up.
Also, i didn't know there was already a game called insanity, so how about
'Chambers' or 'Madness', whatever.
I know someone making this for me is a bit far fetched but i was just saying in case someone was looking for an idea, you can change it if you want, of course.
Thanks for the feedback
Romy5544

What you said about joining a team, how would i do that?
Is there a place i can sign up at or what?
Also, what you said about it being weird that Alexander would do this to his friend, Alexander was meant to be seen as mad, i don't think i showed this in the story though, sorry Sad
And i hadn't thought about asking questions later, this was a idea i had one day and i just typed it up as soon as i could, therefore i hadn't really thought about what happens next.
Thanks for the (very constructive) criticism,
Romy5544

(03-23-2013, 08:28 PM)dnalange Wrote: Don;t make the name Insanity { for your own good }
There is already a custom story called Insaity { if i aind wrong }
BUT THERE IS one called Insanity : Nocturnal Confusion... Mine just telling..
SO change the name and it will be better! Believe me!
The WALL OF INCOMING TEXT... i will read it aanother time.. try make those walls smaller! lol..
People might NOT want to read all and might overseen importend texts!
Sorry, i didn't realise there was already a insanity game, any ideas for new names?
Thanks
Romy5544
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013, 01:08 PM by romy5544.)
03-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

There are 4 sort of cataory names there..
Chilhood Insanity \ My Lady's Insanity \ Studo of Insainity \
and 3 more of those kind
and Insanity Nocturnal Confusion 1 & 2
---
Searcj google for scary game names or just imagine some scary name.. { i prefere something scary AND catching }
03-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Find