Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Level Editor Question
TheIcyPickle Offline

Threads: 16
Photo  Basic Level Editor Question

This is probably Level Editor 101 here, and after a year on here I should know how to do this but, when dealing with dungeon walls with something like this:

[Image: 01OPkIn]

(http://i.imgur.com/01OPkIn.png)

How do you allow the walls to form this essentially upside down L shape without the weird overlap.

Plus, the ways I have been doing it, when I finish a room, the room is un-even as if a wall was too short to finish the L shaped room.

Hopefully I'm being clear enough. I think you have to use wielders if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about!
03-23-2013, 11:49 PM
Find
Chap Offline

RE: Basic Level Editor Question

There's always going to be pieces like that which won't quite fit, depending on the shape of the room you're creating. From what I've found, it happens with most modular assets at some point (Not just Amnesia models) so the best thing to do when it does eventually happen is try to hide it somehow.

Sometimes I've gotten away with have one wall scaled slightly smaller to fit into gaps but it takes a lot of experience with the pieces to do that kind of thing quickly. Probably in the situation of your screenshot, I'd just try to hide it with a welder though it may look a little odd. Of course you don't have to stick with the first arrangement you come across, just try a few arrangements and maybe optimise the room layout a little bit to fit the modular pieces.

Hope that helps =) GL

[Image: 20643.png]
03-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

The way you have it right now is perfect, just scale the welder up to 1.25 instead of 1 and put it over that convex corner. When in doubt, just check the TDD maps.

I rate it 3 memes.
03-24-2013, 03:03 AM
Find
TheIcyPickle Offline

Thanks for the help guys!

Wielder worked perfect.

And yeah, @Chap, I can tell this would take some time to master haha. Thanks for the advice man!
03-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Find