Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justine Lever Help
thetastyfish Offline

Threads: 6
Justine Lever Help

Hi, so I'm trying to take the lever from Justine (slide_door_lever_handle) and attatch it to the mount (slide_door_lever_mount). Please note the handle and mount are in different maps (but that shouldn't make a difference, right?). I do not know how to add the lever to the mount, and then turn it into an actual lever you can pull to open a secret bookshelf.
I have tried YouTube, and searched around here for a while, but couldn't really find anything.
Thanks so much for your help!
03-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Justine Lever Help

1. Put down a slider_door_lever_fixed in the exact spot as the mount, and make it inactive.
2. Create a script area around the mount (this area is the area where slider_door_lever_handle is used on). Make sure you have ItemInteraction enabled in the area's Area tab.
3. Make an AddUseItemCallback for the lever. When the player uses the lever on the script area around the mount, the mount will de-activate, and slide_door_lever_fixed will activate.

In Ruins [WIP]
03-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Find
LulleBulle Offline

Threads: 33

(03-29-2013, 09:47 PM)NaxEla Wrote: 1. Put down a slider_door_lever_fixed in the exact spot as the mount, and make it inactive.
2. Create a script area around the mount (this area is the area where slider_door_lever_handle is used on). Make sure you have ItemInteraction enabled in the area's Area tab.
3. Make an AddUseItemCallback for the lever. When the player uses the lever on the script area around the mount, the mount will de-activate, and slide_door_lever_fixed will activate.

You don't have to create the script area, it's fine just to use the handle on the mount.

(If I'm not misstaken)
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013, 02:06 AM by LulleBulle.)
03-30-2013, 02:06 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-30-2013, 02:06 AM)LulleBulle Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:47 PM)NaxEla Wrote: 1. Put down a slider_door_lever_fixed in the exact spot as the mount, and make it inactive.

You don't have to create the script area, it's fine just to use the handle on the mount.

(If I'm not misstaken)
You are mistaken. Nearly all the thing you see (Seeing things fall, unlocking doors, unlit/lit lamps) are all using scripting. It's very-very hard. But you'll get a grip after a month or two.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-30-2013, 05:22 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

(03-30-2013, 02:06 AM)LulleBulle Wrote:

(If I'm not misstaken)

No, you don't have to create a script area, but it's the way I prefer to do it, I guess. It just makes it easier for the player to use the item, and they won't have to find the "sweet spot" for where to click.

In Ruins [WIP]
03-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Find