Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Read Anything
FourthStar Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Can't Read Anything

When I start up the main game for Amnesia, I can't read anything. The subtitles for Flashbacks don't show, the text for notes don't show, the names and descriptions of objects don't show, and they just say "Picked up". If I go to the inventory and place the mouse over the object, there is no description of the object.

The text that usually appears when you hover the mouse over the doors doesn't show (it just shows the door icon), and the loading screen pictures' don't show the text they're supposed to.

It's also the same for when I start up the actual game and you go through the "You should not play Amnesia to win etc" It doesn't show the text anymore for it, just the button continue repeatedly for each slide. Although, once you get to the actual menu you can read everything fine.

Custom stories work fine, except tools like the crowbar etc don't show descriptions or names unless named by the mod creator.

I got it from a friend awhile back and it worked perfectly up until the point when I was adding the mod Disponetia (wrong spelling I believe) to the Amnesia folder. Something went wrong with the merging causing the actual Amnesia game to not come up when launching, and it always started bringing up the mod.

I deleted the mod, but I don't know if the merging caused it to remove the text of the actual game or not since after that I couldn't read anything.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2013, 10:44 PM by plutomaniac.)
03-31-2013, 09:06 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can't Read Anything

Reinstall the game. Usually mods are using other .lang files and they are changing original game text. Sorry for my bad grammar!
03-31-2013, 10:05 PM
Find
FourthStar Offline

Threads: 2

(03-31-2013, 10:05 PM)lazz3r Wrote: Reinstall the game. Usually mods are using other .lang files and they are changing original game text. Sorry for my bad grammar!

I had tried that, but the same result is still happening...
03-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

attach HPL.log, as mentioned at the troubleshooting guides, after the problem occurs
03-31-2013, 10:47 PM
Find