Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom model dont show up in editor?
mrsomeepicrandomguy Offline

Threads: 15
Custom model dont show up in editor?

Hey, ive made a custom lantern but it dont show up in the model editor, and i really dont know why. any help?
04-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Custom model dont show up in editor?

Make sure you use the Material Editor to make a .mat file for it

In Ruins [WIP]
04-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Find

(04-01-2013, 07:39 PM)NaxEla Wrote: Make sure you use the Material Editor to make a .mat file for it
and.. how do I do that?
04-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

Open the material editor, change the type to "soliddiffuse", and select your textures (diffuse, spec, etc.), then save it.

In Ruins [WIP]
04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Find

(04-01-2013, 08:30 PM)NaxEla Wrote: Open the material editor, change the type to "soliddiffuse", and select your textures (diffuse, spec, etc.), then save it.
It just crashen when i open it in the editor now.

Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/test_mod/models/hand_objects/lantern/lantern1.dae'
WARNING: No 'extra scene' element found!
04-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Make sure your diffuse texture (that's the texture with the models colors on it Wink ) is applied in the models material in your 3D program before you export. Also make sure the texture and the .mat file are in the folder they're supposed to be! (Look at the folder structure of the original Amnesia models for reference.)

The reason for this is that Collada seems to get confused if it doesn't find an applied texture on the model and produces a broken .dae file that can crash the model view (and the model editor too, I suppose). Or at least, that was the problem I had, there are probably a ton of other things that can make hpl tools crash... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2013, 09:35 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Find

(04-01-2013, 09:35 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Make sure your diffuse texture (that's the texture with the models colors on it Wink ) is applied in the models material in your 3D program before you export. Also make sure the texture and the .mat file are in the folder they're supposed to be! (Look at the folder structure of the original Amnesia models for reference.)

The reason for this is that Collada seems to get confused if it doesn't find an applied texture on the model and produces a broken .dae file that can crash the model view (and the model editor too, I suppose). Or at least, that was the problem I had, there are probably a ton of other things that can make hpl tools crash... Big Grin
Thanks, it's working now! Big Grin
04-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Find