Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games like the Penumbra series?
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Games like the Penumbra series?

(08-06-2009, 03:29 AM)Guyra Wrote: I would agree that Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is a good game, and has similarities with Penumbra, and both are highly inspired by Lovecraft. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It ends up becoming an FPS halfway through, which ruins the horror part of it.

I did see a flash point & click game which was VERY well made some months ago, though. It would be a rather short game, even compared to Penumbra, as it's only a web browser game, but still... Too bad I don't remember it. There are some interesting web browser games, though. Smile

Yes! i've played that same point and click game, the one where there are the two eyes and a streak of blood as a mouth on the wall? Very entertaining, but the ending was a tad cliche Smile:

Not an image
08-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Find
SubZeroEXO Offline

Threads: 0

(06-12-2009, 08:03 PM)m1dy Wrote: I have played and beaten all 3 of the Penumbra games no more than a day or two after each of them were released. I'm a HUGE fan, I consider the Penumbra series to be my favorite games alongside System Shock 2 and Duke Nukem 3D (that's saying a lot, I'm very picky with games).

I'll cut to the chase now -- Penumbra has left me with an unending desire for an extremely scary first person game with brilliant puzzles, very similar to what Penumbra did so flawlessly. Which leads me to my question written in the thread subject: Does anyone know of any games very similar to Penumbra? Or at least comparable to Penumbra's all-around quality? It doesn't have to be exactly like it... but something that's first person, scary and has clever puzzles is more or less what I'm craving.

Thanks in advance to the community for the great suggestions that are sure to come and thank you Frictional Games for giving me a horror experience that I'll NEVER forget. I'm really looking forward to the game you guys are currently working on. :3
Some people are making a new penumbra it isnt by the same makers but it is very good so far, they are not done but it is a full conversion mod for Amnesia the dark descent the mod is called Penumbra Necrologue it is very cool so far. You can play the demo so far Sad but they arnt done yet

Its really cool because they still use the amnesia game but in a full conversion which changes the whole game of amnesia, im not going to do any spoilers but the mod is very cool... one youtuber that played the demo was Markiplier and he played the full demo so far which is 28 minutes.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014, 12:26 AM by SubZeroEXO.)
01-31-2014, 12:23 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the Earth