Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could not load main config file: config/ default__main_settings.cfg
ChoiBoy0527 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Could not load main config file: config/ default__main_settings.cfg

I got Amnesia: Dark Descent and it worked for a couple of hours. After about three days, I opened up the app and this popped up:

Error loading configuration file!

Could not load main config file: config /
default__main_settings.cfg

I have a mac and it is not from steam.

PLEASE HELP
04-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Could not load main config file: config/ default__main_settings.cfg

Please post the hpl.log from ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/
04-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Website Find
ChoiBoy0527 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Could not load main config file: config/ default__main_settings.cfg

I cannot find Frictional Games in Application support.
04-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

have you moved any files around? Also try running the application itself not the shortcut to it.

04-27-2013, 01:22 AM
Find
davyvfr Offline

Threads: 2

(04-27-2013, 01:22 AM)WIWWM Wrote: have you moved any files around? Also try running the application itself not the shortcut to it.

This is the exact same issue on Mavericks for me. I purchased the game through Steam and did a fresh install of Mavericks.
10-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Find
evlbluone Offline

Threads: 0

(10-28-2013, 07:55 AM)davyvfr Wrote:
(04-27-2013, 01:22 AM)WIWWM Wrote: have you moved any files around? Also try running the application itself not the shortcut to it.

This is the exact same issue on Mavericks for me. I purchased the game through Steam and did a fresh install of Mavericks.

I just upgraded to Mavericks as well. I was having the same issue. I download the patch updates from here and installed it:

http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/100/

It now works. Hopefully this helps you as well!
If Mavericks won't let you open it because it is from an unknown publisher, follow these instructions to get around that problem:

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Software-...s-on-a-Mac

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 03:58 PM by evlbluone.)
11-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Find
MidoriEyes Offline

Threads: 0

Hello, I'm having a similar problem. I have a 64-bit MacBook Pro OS X laptop (ver 10.6.8), with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. (Game was downloaded from Steam.)

I was playing a CS when a message popped up saying my start-up disk was almost full, so I saved, quit, made some space on my laptop, and restarted. When I tried to play Amnesia TDD again, it came up with the following message: "Could not load main config file: congif/default_main_settings.cfg."

Things I've already tried:

~ My software is updated.

~ I have automatic updates for all my games, so not being up to date isn't the issue.

~ I uninstalled and re-installed the game.

~ I've tried renaming the SteamApps folder to SteamApps_old (there's already one there actually so I had to name it "Steam Apps_old_2"), but then a message pops up saying it can't start b/c "missing executable".

~ I've tried deleting the main_settings.cfg from the Amnesia>Main folder (it said it had 0 bytes), and the game starts up alright, but when I try to play a CS it looks like this: Screencap1 Screencap2

~ Renaming the Frictional Games folder to "Friction Games_old" actually works just fine, but it deletes all the progress I made in my game and the CS's. I'm wondering if there's a better solution than that?

My main problem is trying to keep all the saved progress I have in my custom stories from being wiped out. Any suggestions?

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 9.32 KB / Downloads: 111)
01-26-2014, 04:16 AM
Find