Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Love for bad music
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Love for bad music

(04-08-2013, 09:41 AM)Funderbunk Wrote: I still have a lingering enjoyment of super angsty nu-metal. Disturbed or Godsmack or even Linkin Park, and man those bands are all super terrible.

Godsmack is a damn great band.
Disturbed are ok and the Old Linkin Park is pretty good

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013, 09:50 AM by Sarcophagus.)
04-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Website Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(04-08-2013, 07:29 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Mainstream bullshit with no meaning,just some computer-made sounds,repetitive lyrics (if the song has lyrics) and lots of chicks in the videos. (not really talking about the songs from this thread)
What the fuck happened to music?

K first of all.
Computer made makes it bad music? even the songs you enjoy today have most likely gone through computer changes.

2nd.
repetitive lyrics is some of the songs, but not all. Also, how does this make it bad, all songs have a chorus or some such that is repeated throughout the song.

3rd.
Quote:and lots of chicks in the videos.
marketing. I blame marketing. And if that's the only reason people watch the video's or listen to the music, then blame them, not the song.

(04-08-2013, 07:10 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: [Image: WTF+IS+THIS+SHIT_f8dba2_37785.jpg]

Music my good sir. Maybe not your type, but music.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013, 10:17 AM by 7heDubz.)
04-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(04-08-2013, 10:13 AM)WIWWM Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 07:29 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Mainstream bullshit with no meaning,just some computer-made sounds,repetitive lyrics (if the song has lyrics) and lots of chicks in the videos. (not really talking about the songs from this thread)
What the fuck happened to music?

K first of all.
Computer made makes it bad music? even the songs you enjoy today have most likely gone through computer changes.

2nd.
repetitive lyrics is some of the songs, but not all. Also, how does this make it bad, all songs have a chorus or some such that is repeated throughout the song.

3rd.
Quote:and lots of chicks in the videos.
marketing. I blame marketing. And if that's the only reason people watch the video's or listen to the music, then blame them, not the song.

(04-08-2013, 07:10 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: [Image: WTF+IS+THIS+SHIT_f8dba2_37785.jpg]

Music my good sir. Maybe not your type, but music.

I don't listen to computer-made music, I only listen to bands who are able to play a damn guitar or the drums or whatever.

I was talking about today's music which is dissapointing.
Even MTV has become a useless crap lately.

And when I said repetitive lyrics I was talking about songs like Bieber's Baby.

I would like to talk about music but it would be a long ass conversation.

04-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Website Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(04-08-2013, 11:09 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: I don't listen to computer-made music, I only listen to bands who are able to play a damn guitar or the drums or whatever.

Quote:I only listen to bands who are able to play a damn guitar or the drums or whatever.

well, then is is so bad to say i only listen to bands (or persons in most cases) that can use a damn computer?
(use a computer to make good (in my opinion) music that is)

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM by 7heDubz.)
04-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

I prefer music which is made by using real instruments.
(I hate the "UFO/space" kind of sounds in "music" in nowadays)

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
04-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Website Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(04-08-2013, 11:46 AM)WIWWM Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 11:09 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: I don't listen to computer-made music, I only listen to bands who are able to play a damn guitar or the drums or whatever.

Quote:I only listen to bands who are able to play a damn guitar or the drums or whatever.

well, then is is so bad to say i only listen to bands (or persons in most cases) that can use a damn computer?
(use a computer to make good (in my opinion) music that is)

Tell me an artist/band so I can see what are you talking about

04-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Live studio recordings became obsolete with the decline of jazz in the 1960s. It doesn't exist anymore. All of the parts on basically every album released today are recorded separately and then go through rigorous post-processing before being synchronized, balanced and then recorded together. It doesn't mean the musicians cannot play their instruments, it just makes your argument s bit weak. I don't disagree with you though; I also hate pop music.
04-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

(04-08-2013, 12:16 PM)Bridge Wrote: Live studio recordings became obsolete with the decline of jazz in the 1960s. It doesn't exist anymore. All of the parts on basically every album released today are recorded separately and then go through rigorous post-processing before being synchronized, balanced and then recorded together. It doesn't mean the musicians cannot play their instruments, it just makes your argument s bit weak. I don't disagree with you though; I also hate pop music.

You kinda got it wrong (or I did? If yes then I'm sorry), I was not talking about the tracks being synchronized,balanced and stuff like that because bands also do that in their studio. I was talking about music that comes from the computer and you hear it in the whole song until the end.

When a band (well mostly metal or rock) plays live you can clearly see the members playing the instruments.
When an pop artist plays live (in most of the cases) you can only see the artist singing (in some cases they even playback lol) and the chicks dancing behind the artist.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM by Sarcophagus.)
04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Website Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

(04-08-2013, 09:50 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 09:41 AM)Funderbunk Wrote: I still have a lingering enjoyment of super angsty nu-metal. Disturbed or Godsmack or even Linkin Park, and man those bands are all super terrible.

Godsmack is a damn great band.
Disturbed are ok and the Old Linkin Park is pretty good

Hah, fair enough. I don't think they're good anymore (too much angsting over repetetive, overproduced drop-D power chords) but I look at them with nostalgia and occassionally it's cathartic to scream along with them badly.

But seriously every time Godsmack steps out of their comfort zone they make great stuff (Voodoo, The Other Side, Sully Erna's solo record) yet they insist on making the same boring goddamn song over and over.
04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

I remember when I used to think all "computer-made" music (electronica) was bad. Then I grew up. Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, SizzleBird, Daft Punk, etc. Most people who make any sort of electronic music usually know how to play an instrument - usually piano/keyboard or an organ.

And I mean, repetetive lyrics? Beatles, Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden - there have always been music with poor or repetetive lyrics. In my opinion it's mainly the music that matters, not the lyrics anyway.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM by GiggleBlizzard.)
04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Find