Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I need info about Amnesia story!
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2
RE: I need info about Amnesia story!

(04-08-2013, 10:00 PM)AdamD Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 07:20 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 07:15 PM)AdamD Wrote: Did you even play the game?

His questions make it pretty obvious that he has. It's not something you easily figure out on the first run.

Some questions, like "Who owned the castle" or "What about Alexander´s relatives" proves that he didn´t pay much attention...

He never asked the first question, and Alexandar may have had fabricated relatives according to the wikipedia so who knows.
04-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(04-08-2013, 04:39 PM)MatthewTaylor92 Wrote: Hi to all and thanks to everyone want to help me.
Below there are some questions unsolved (for me) about the story of Amnesia, i need some answers because i'm making a custom story about Brenneburg.

-During the game and in the immediatly before who were in the castle? Only Agrippa, Daniel and Alexander or other people? (except prisoners and monsters) There were someone else that works for Alexander? For example scientists, cooks, warehousemans and others, and if they exsists what kind of relation they have with the grunts? They are alive during the story or already dead? or they became grunt in turn?
-In the castle Alexander had some relatives or he is alone? If they exsist, they're died during the story? If they're died, when and how?
-The grunts derive from prisoners or Wilhelm & co? or both?
-In which year and day Daniel wake up in the castle after he drink the Amnesia potion?

For now these are my questions.. Thanks a lot!

There's a bit distinction between the story of Amnesia TDD and the story between when Daniel wakes up from drinking the potion and finding the Inner Sanctum that you actually experience in real time as Daniel. To put it simply, almost the entire story takes place either before you wake up, or at the very end of the game, the rest of your time in the game you are really just discovering what had happened previously. This is kinda a neat idea to me, it feels like you're exploring the shadow (no pun intended) of the castle's original state, uncovering what happened as you progress through levels.

But as far as I can figure, here's a rough timeline (major spoilers, obviously):

1. Alexander (or whatever his real name is since he's from another dimension) crosses through a portal from another dimension to this world for an unexplained reason. He is unable to return because the orbs he uses to open these portals have been lost to him.

2. While gathering as many orbs as he can find, Alexander takes the guise of a series of barons in Prussia, taking up residence in Brennenburg Castle.

3. Alexander starts the process of extracting vitae from tortured animals and humans, using the amnesia potion to make his victims forget about their pain only to relive it again and again. Alexander uses the vitae to prolong his life for a supernaturally long time.

4. Many, many years later (I believe approximately 300) Daniel, implied to be an archaeologist, takes part in an expedition to Africa to uncover a tomb, where he becomes trapped and stumbles upon one of the lost orbs. Escaping the tomb, he brings the fragments of the orb (which had broke apart) to England, where he comes from.

5. Daniel contacts several professors/scientists, who all shortly die after examine the orb. Daniel starts having horrible nightmares and feels haunted. In desperation at seeing those around him dying, he starts contacting people from his friend Herbert's (who went with him on the expedition) notebook, until he receives a message from Alexander inviting him to Brennenburg.

6. Daniel hastily travels to Brennenburg, where Alexander offers him protection against the "Shadow," the guardian of the orb revealed to be the force haunting Daniel. In exchange, Daniel gives Alexander access to his orb.

7. Alexander begins training Daniel on warding rituals involving the orb to prevent the Shadow from approaching Brennenburg. After a close encounter with the shadow in the inner sanctum, Alexander convinces Daniel that the Shadow is very close, and Daniel agrees to do whatever he has to. Alexander then shows Daniel his art of torturing the castle's prisoners, extracting the mysterious vitae, and then giving them the amnesia potion to maximize their pain and the vitae than can be gathered from them.

8. While Daniel believes he is torturing horrible criminals (murderers and rapists) and performing blood rituals to prevent the Shadow's approach, Alexander uses these rituals to force the orbs to succumb to himself, and uses the vitae for his own means as well. As the blood wards provide only temporary protection against the ever approaching Shadow, Daniel becomes increasingly desperate and psychotic, torturing not only the prisoners but also villagers from the surrounding area.

9. Eventually, one of the prisoners, a young girl, escapes. Daniel tracks her down and kills her in the castle. This event snaps Daniel to reality, bringing him to the realization that he has been torturing innocent people to save his own murderous self, while all the while Alexander has been taking advantage of him.

10. Following this realization, Alexander locks himself in the Inner Sanctum, and Daniel takes the amnesia potion to wipe the slate clean and give himself a second chance. This happens in the year 1839, the day isn't specified.

I know that was a little overkill, but I'm bored tonight...

As far as the gatherers and their origins, you can read the theories at http://amnesia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gatherers#Origins

That wiki has a ton of other great info too.

(04-08-2013, 04:39 PM)MatthewTaylor92 Wrote: Hi to all and thanks to everyone want to help me.
Below there are some questions unsolved (for me) about the story of Amnesia, i need some answers because i'm making a custom story about Brenneburg.

-During the game and in the immediatly before who were in the castle? Only Agrippa, Daniel and Alexander or other people? (except prisoners and monsters) There were someone else that works for Alexander? For example scientists, cooks, warehousemans and others, and if they exsists what kind of relation they have with the grunts? They are alive during the story or already dead? or they became grunt in turn?
-In the castle Alexander had some relatives or he is alone? If they exsist, they're died during the story? If they're died, when and how?
-In which year and day Daniel wake up in the castle after he drink the Amnesia potion?

One other note about Alexander's relatives. As far as we know, his relatives are all dead. One theory about Alexander's origins, which are foggy at best, is that Alexander is just simply a human being, albeit an incredibly intelligent one, whose wife died many years ago. Obsessed with the drive to reunite with her, he has been researching the orbs and their power, assisted by Agrippa and Weyer. The other world he seeks to enter by means of the portals would thus be some sort of afterlife where he could reunite with his wife.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 02:23 AM by bluel0bster.)
04-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Find
Thief1337 Offline

Threads: 1

(04-10-2013, 02:20 AM)bluel0bster Wrote:

There's a bit distinction between the story of Amnesia TDD and the story between when Daniel wakes up from drinking the potion and finding the Inner Sanctum that you actually experience in real time as Daniel. To put it simply, almost the entire story takes place either before you wake up, or at the very end of the game, the rest of your time in the game you are really just discovering what had happened previously. This is kinda a neat idea to me, it feels like you're exploring the shadow (no pun intended) of the castle's original state, uncovering what happened as you progress through levels.

But as far as I can figure, here's a rough timeline (major spoilers, obviously):

1. Alexander (or whatever his real name is since he's from another dimension) crosses through a portal from another dimension to this world for an unexplained reason. He is unable to return because the orbs he uses to open these portals have been lost to him.

2. While gathering as many orbs as he can find, Alexander takes the guise of a series of barons in Prussia, taking up residence in Brennenburg Castle.

3. Alexander starts the process of extracting vitae from tortured animals and humans, using the amnesia potion to make his victims forget about their pain only to relive it again and again. Alexander uses the vitae to prolong his life for a supernaturally long time.

4. Many, many years later (I believe approximately 300) Daniel, implied to be an archaeologist, takes part in an expedition to Africa to uncover a tomb, where he becomes trapped and stumbles upon one of the lost orbs. Escaping the tomb, he brings the fragments of the orb (which had broke apart) to England, where he comes from.

5. Daniel contacts several professors/scientists, who all shortly die after examine the orb. Daniel starts having horrible nightmares and feels haunted. In desperation at seeing those around him dying, he starts contacting people from his friend Herbert's (who went with him on the expedition) notebook, until he receives a message from Alexander inviting him to Brennenburg.

6. Daniel hastily travels to Brennenburg, where Alexander offers him protection against the "Shadow," the guardian of the orb revealed to be the force haunting Daniel. In exchange, Daniel gives Alexander access to his orb.

7. Alexander begins training Daniel on warding rituals involving the orb to prevent the Shadow from approaching Brennenburg. After a close encounter with the shadow in the inner sanctum, Alexander convinces Daniel that the Shadow is very close, and Daniel agrees to do whatever he has to. Alexander then shows Daniel his art of torturing the castle's prisoners, extracting the mysterious vitae, and then giving them the amnesia potion to maximize their pain and the vitae than can be gathered from them.

8. While Daniel believes he is torturing horrible criminals (murderers and rapists) and performing blood rituals to prevent the Shadow's approach, Alexander uses these rituals to force the orbs to succumb to himself, and uses the vitae for his own means as well. As the blood wards provide only temporary protection against the ever approaching Shadow, Daniel becomes increasingly desperate and psychotic, torturing not only the prisoners but also villagers from the surrounding area.

9. Eventually, one of the prisoners, a young girl, escapes. Daniel tracks her down and kills her in the castle. This event snaps Daniel to reality, bringing him to the realization that he has been torturing innocent people to save his own murderous self, while all the while Alexander has been taking advantage of him.

10. Following this realization, Alexander locks himself in the Inner Sanctum, and Daniel takes the amnesia potion to wipe the slate clean and give himself a second chance. This happens in the year 1839, the day isn't specified.

I know that was a little overkill, but I'm bored tonight...

As far as the gatherers and their origins, you can read the theories at http://amnesia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gatherers#Origins

That wiki has a ton of other great info too.

One other note about Alexander's relatives. As far as we know, his relatives are all dead. One theory about Alexander's origins, which are foggy at best, is that Alexander is just simply a human being, albeit an incredibly intelligent one, whose wife died many years ago. Obsessed with the drive to reunite with her, he has been researching the orbs and their power, assisted by Agrippa and Weyer. The other world he seeks to enter by means of the portals would thus be some sort of afterlife where he could reunite with his wife.

true

[Image: wksljl.gif]
04-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

If he was genuinely too scared to play the game properly, it would explain why he didn't really paid attention to the story, or he is a note skipper. As amusing it might be. There is people who have missed a many notes during their first playthrough and thus didn't really "get it".
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 11:52 AM by Clord.)
04-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Find