Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water lurker won't move [SOLVED]
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
Water lurker won't move [SOLVED]

EDIT: Ok, so I've been reading that lurkers can't patrol and only use path nodes to find you. Well crap. This would have been a good scare too. I'm gonna experiment with the "water splash" particle effect to make it look like there's a lurker moving. Still trying to find that blurry zoom in effect for my red goop though. I tried giving the player sanity damage but it doesn't look like it does in the main game when the stuff shows up.

EDIT 2: Got it the scare working. Took forever to script that sequence and it's like 100 lines long but it works Smile Not just gotta find that blurry zoom effect. I'm gonna pour through the engine script wiki trying to find it but let me know if anyone knows how to do it.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 08:23 PM by DeAngelo.)
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Water lurker won't move

Are you referring to the very quick 'blurry zoom effect' when something scary happens, or the longer 'blurry zoom effect' you get when looking at the monsters?

04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

void FadePlayerFOVMulTo(float afX, float afSpeed);
afX - multiplier of default FOV (1 is default)
afSpeed - the speed of change between FOV's
--
A shorter FOV makes it to zoom in. To change it to it's default state, the multiplier must be 1.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(04-10-2013, 12:35 PM)Adrianis Wrote: Are you referring to the very quick 'blurry zoom effect' when something scary happens, or the longer 'blurry zoom effect' you get when looking at the monsters?
You know the main hall near the beginning of the main game? The one called 02_entrance_hall? Off to the side there are 2 sets of stairs that go down into what I think is cellars (Been forever since I played) and when you return from each some of that red slim shows up and a screen effect happens along with a specific sound. I'm trying to recreate that.

(04-10-2013, 12:36 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: void FadePlayerFOVMulTo(float afX, float afSpeed);
afX - multiplier of default FOV (1 is default)
afSpeed - the speed of change between FOV's
--
A shorter FOV makes it to zoom in. To change it to it's default state, the multiplier must be 1.

I'll try that out, thanks.

Edit: It's working. Threw in a radial blur for good measure and it's looking good. Haven't added slime damage areas yet but I think with a water lurker chasing ya the last thing you need is slime smacking you around (By the way the sound when that slime hits you in the main game always bugged me. it sounds like metal hitting something even though it's goo hitting flesh.) Thanks, you've both been big helps over these last months while I learn this stuff. And it turns out the sound I was looking for was Guardian Activated. Still not sure why Frictional chose to put half the sounds in convenient folders and the other half in numbered folders at seeming random.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 01:17 PM by DeAngelo.)
04-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Find
Doomtodeath Offline

Threads: 6

If you ask me Water monsters were a HUGE downside to the game. And i wouldnt like to see anymore. *now people hate me :3*
04-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(04-10-2013, 04:57 PM)Doomtodeath Wrote: If you ask me Water monsters were a HUGE downside to the game. And i wouldnt like to see anymore. *now people hate me :3*

While I respect your opinion, I disagree. They scare me far more than grunts/brutes. To each their own Smile

04-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Water lurker won't move [SOLVED]

just make a copy of the lurker and set its type to Enemy_Grunt
it probably works

04-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Water lurker won't move [SOLVED]

(04-10-2013, 08:47 PM)Amn Wrote: just make a copy of the lurker and set its type to Enemy_Grunt
it probably works
But this may cause it to lose the fact that it is indeed a waterlurker?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Find