Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OTHER] Low health red overlay removal?
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
[OTHER] Low health red overlay removal?

When the player is low on health, the screen generates noise and has a distinctive red tint. I am considering making a CS (may become a Full Conversion Custom Story) in which the main character can only see in Grayscale, therefore remove this tint. I can edit everything accordingly except this ;o

Is there a particular script which overrules this factor or something I can fool around with in the coding?
And I swear I am not lazy, but if someone could also modify it for me if they can figure out what to do and post the code somewhere or... something? Tongue

Whatever helps is appreciated Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: [OTHER] Low health red overlay removal?

Mmmm, you could have a quick timer-loop that keeps the player's health high, but that would obviously mean it's difficult for them to die Smile I suppose you could also keep track of the number of times the player gets hit, use sound effects in the script to imitate being on 'low health' but of course the player would still notice if they look in their inventory

04-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Black&White screen effect possible?

04-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

If I remember correctly this noise effect uses a black and white image to define how the noise should be. perhaps editting the image and overriding it using full conversion would work?
04-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(04-10-2013, 07:31 PM)Adrianis Wrote: Mmmm, you could have a quick timer-loop that keeps the player's health high, but that would obviously mean it's difficult for them to die Smile I suppose you could also keep track of the number of times the player gets hit, use sound effects in the script to imitate being on 'low health' but of course the player would still notice if they look in their inventory
I had a think about that, but of course, I do not exactly want the character to die, but if he/she gets to a stage where a grunt comes charging at them and knocks em down to about 5 Health, I dont exactly want it jumping back up to 100 in a few moments. Smile This is Amnesia, not Call Of Duty xD
(04-10-2013, 09:22 PM)Amn Wrote: Black&White screen effect possible?
This was a lovely thread, I attempted to copy over the stuff on Page 2 and replace a thing or two but the issue still seems to be there. I'll pm the maker later Smile
(04-10-2013, 10:25 PM)martinnord Wrote: If I remember correctly this noise effect uses a black and white image to define how the noise should be. perhaps editting the image and overriding it using full conversion would work?
I actually do not mind the noise effect, in the very least it is able to be present, but in grayscale is better due to the issue of the character possesing color blindness.
Which brings me to a poll which I will link momentarily: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21127.html
If worst comes to worse, I shall copy over every .tga and change them to grayscale :o

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013, 08:19 AM by Romulator.)
04-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Problem solved. The link to that post on the Black/White Screen effect was needed Smile
I've +repped you all though Smile

04-12-2013, 04:06 AM
Find