Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiler Control Room - Pipes...
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
Control Room - Pipes...

Hi everyone,

So, I'm replaying Amnesia and...
Spoiler below!
this time I was able to fix the bridge that leads to the morgue without placing the 3 pipes in the Control Room. I only had to align the weights and lower the pressure/steam thingy.
I already had the 3 pipes gathered by the door, but when I was heading to the pipes' room I heard the noise of the cogwheels (which supposedly only starts after you place the pipes in the correct place). When I entered the room I looked up and realized the mechanism was indeed working. So I went outside the Control Room and pulled the lever, and the bridge lowered (it still gets jammed though).
Did anyone else experience this? I've played the game many times and it's the first time it happens to me.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I did a quick search and didn't find any thread/post about it.

04-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Control Room - Pipes...

That is weird. I didn't.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

This is known already. When you operate the cylinder again after bring it in its position, the levers will be stuck - except one!
When operating this "forgotten" lever, the cylinder puzzle counts a further time, so that you solved 2 puzzles which is actually only one.

I managed to fix that, so that you have to solve all three puzzles (weights, cylinder and pipes) to repair the machinery.

Perhaps this is not a bug, it also could be a way to make the control room a bit easier. But I hate it to skip a puzzle. So I fixed it.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 08:57 PM by Googolplex.)
04-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: Perhaps this is not a bug, it also could be a way to make the control
room a bit easier. But I hate it to skip a puzzle. So I fixed it.
I'm sure it's a bug. I don't think FG would intentionally break their game like that.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
04-14-2013, 03:32 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks for the information, Googolplex : )

04-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(04-16-2013, 03:18 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Thanks for the information, Googolplex : )

When you want, I can give you the fixed level file.
I used it for my own, to optimize Amnesia.

I created an optimization patch includes also better geman lang files for even more feeling of experience.

The control room counts correct then. You have to solve all puzzles until you get the machinery working. Set the weights, operate the cylinder twice times, and mount the pipes.

I always enjoy puzzles, so I think it is not a good idea to skip a puzzle because of a special method when operating the cylinder.
04-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Cheers Googol but it won't be necessary. I think this only happens occasionally as I wasn't able to replicate it again.
: )

04-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Find