Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What happens after death?
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: What happens after death?

(04-21-2013, 07:26 PM)Bridge Wrote: Without turning this into a hostile debate, the only correct answer is indeed "nothing".

Bridge, please don't use your opinions as facts.

What I think happens is probably just that everything goes black and it kind of is like sleeping; You cease to exist.

What I hope happens though, is that you get reincarnated into another world of some kind, still remembering what your previous life were like and that it continues doing that forever. Kind of like a game, You progress to new levels.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 07:47 PM by Tiger.)
04-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-21-2013, 07:46 PM)Tiger Wrote: Bridge, please don't use your opinions as facts.

It is the truth. The burden of proof is not on the person(s) denying a given claim, it is on the person(s) making them. Therefore I can, without making any assumptions, assert that the idea of an afterlife is irrational and unfounded, and I do not have to provide any evidence.

Just so we are clear: I don't claim that nothing happens after death, but it is the only reasonable conclusion one can reach.
04-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(04-21-2013, 07:46 PM)Tiger Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 07:26 PM)Bridge Wrote: Without turning this into a hostile debate, the only correct answer is indeed "nothing".

Bridge, please don't use your opinions as facts.

What I think happens is probably just that everything goes black and it kind of is like sleeping; You cease to exist.

What I hope happens though, is that you get reincarnated into another world of some kind, still remembering what your previous life were like and that it continues doing that forever. Kind of like a game, You progress to new levels.

Interesting idea... Imagine if your next "level" would be Brennenburg Castle!
04-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Think how cruel, someone had shitty life and made suicide for nothing,
cause nothing awaits, that would be pinnacle of unfairiness.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 08:13 PM by Red.)
04-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(04-21-2013, 07:46 PM)Tiger Wrote: Bridge, please don't use your opinions as facts.
I'd say he has a point though. It is pretty much impossible, as far as I know anyways to prove anything happens after death. However it can also be similarly said for nothing happening after death.

So, I'd say what happens after death in terms of what we know already is "null". It is undefinable as anything, or nothing at all.

Pyöveli Wrote:Think how cruel, someone had shitty life and made suicide for nothing,

Life's never designed to be fair. I have no reason to assume death is any different.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 08:17 PM by Kreekakon.)
04-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(04-21-2013, 08:08 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: Think how cruel, someone had shitty life and made suicide for nothing,

You mean making a horrible blunder and getting nothing in return? Sounds pretty fair to me.
04-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(04-21-2013, 08:08 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: Think how cruel, someone had shitty life and made suicide for nothing,

Well, assuming you are a christian and commit suicide "for a better life" you end up in hell.

(04-21-2013, 07:55 PM)Bridge Wrote:

It is the truth. The burden of proof is not on the person(s) denying a given claim, it is on the person(s) making them. Therefore I can, without making any assumptions, assert that the idea of an afterlife is irrational and unfounded, and I do not have to provide any evidence.

Just so we are clear: I don't claim that nothing happens after death, but it is the only reasonable conclusion one can reach.
Isn't "nothing happens" a claim as well?

My answer: I don't know. Honestly, we (as in mankind) think we know a lot - but I'm betting we're merely scratching the surface of the "vast knowledge available". I believe in "a god" ~ "so something good for me beyond my understanding".

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

04-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

I'm christian so that should preety much explain what i believe Smile But i don't see hell as a fiery pit where the devil harrasses you with his pitchfork. I believe that "hell" is just emptiness, a waste land. Absence of God and everything else. Where the only thing you feel are negative emotines such as loneliness and sadness.

but yeah every person has his own views and beliefs.

Also, you can't call it a fact. You can't say that it's a fact that there is an afterlife but you also cant say that its a fact that there isn't one.

You need a solid proof to call something a fact, so unless you experienced death yourself and for some reason you came back to life, the only thing you can do is speculate

edit: Also, how can you claim that beliving in afterlife is irrational ?

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM by Nice.)
04-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

You climb a ladder of sheep wool and unicorn tears until you reach the pearly gates where the gatekeeper passes judgment on all your sins and good deeds in life, and if you are worthy you pass into the heavenly gardens, but if not, you are smitten to the dark depths of the hellish abyss, and...

No I'm kidding, you rot and turn into tree food.

04-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(04-21-2013, 08:18 PM)Acies Wrote: Isn't "nothing happens" a claim as well?

It is not. I can see why you would think that - it is not entirely unreasonable. However, "nothing happens after death" is not a claim, it is a denial of all other claims.

Think of what happens after death as a pot and "reincarnation" being water. For argument's sake, let's say that water is the only thing that could possibly be in there apart than nothing. If it is impossible to look inside the pot, and there is no evidence that water exists, the only reasonable explanation is that the pot is empty. It makes no claims, and therefore stands a greater chance of being correct.

EDIT: Also directed at Dogfood. Your arguments all fall under the fallacy known as Argument from ignorance, which basically means arguing that a position is true because there is no proof that it is false. The same goes for saying that a position is false because there is no evidence that it is true.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 08:37 PM by Bridge.)
04-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Find