Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia intel patch
destroier234 Offline

Threads: 2
Amnesia intel patch

Frictional games can you please make a patch for the intel users to game be able on Intel Graphics cards? Undecided
It would be cool.
I know nobody will care about this but im just saying Undecided

04-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia intel patch

If you mean the kind of desktop graphic cards which are not meant for any games other than the really light ones (like online flash games), they would have to recreate the entire game from scratch, more or less. In a game based on decent amount of 3D and detail, it would be hard to get a game working for a graphic card which cannot handle anything like it, sadly.

If your graphic card can handle these type of games, then it would be less of a hassle, I imagine. There was something similar going on with Sonic Generations a while back, where it refused to run on Optimus technology, though the graphic card was more than able to handle the game.

Edit: What you could do, if you have a stationary computer, is to order a relatively cheap graphics card to use with it. I have a small form factor with a very bad graphics card, but I bought a relatively cheap low profile (small form factor) graphics card, and it actually handles games quite decently, and The Dark Descent runs extremely smooth on it. =)

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 10:30 PM by Diz.)
04-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

Out of curiosity, do you know what version of the Intel HD Chipset your CPU uses?
04-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11183.html
04-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(04-21-2013, 10:28 PM)Diz Wrote: If you mean the kind of desktop graphic cards which are not meant for any games other than the really light ones (like online flash games), they would have to recreate the entire game from scratch, more or less. In a game based on decent amount of 3D and detail, it would be hard to get a game working for a graphic card which cannot handle anything like it, sadly.

If your graphic card can handle these type of games, then it would be less of a hassle, I imagine. There was something similar going on with Sonic Generations a while back, where it refused to run on Optimus technology, though the graphic card was more than able to handle the game.

Edit: What you could do, if you have a stationary computer, is to order a relatively cheap graphics card to use with it. I have a small form factor with a very bad graphics card, but I bought a relatively cheap low profile (small form factor) graphics card, and it actually handles games quite decently, and The Dark Descent runs extremely smooth on it. =)

Integrated GPUs are very underrated. My sad, year old laptop with an i5 and intel hd 3000 could run mw3, bl1 and bl2, gw2, the bioshock series, the fear series, and the dead space series to name a few, albeit on lowish resolutions and low graphics. Not really sure why integrated cards get such a bad rap.

@ OP make sure your drivers are up to date. My integrated intel hd 3000 on my laptop can handle amnesia tdd no problem, even on highest settings. It seems to have compatibility issues with the penumbra games, which is odd considering they're based off the same engine.
04-22-2013, 04:24 AM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(04-22-2013, 04:24 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Integrated GPUs are very underrated. My sad, year old laptop with an i5 and intel hd 3000 could run mw3, bl1 and bl2, gw2, the bioshock series, the fear series, and the dead space series to name a few, albeit on lowish resolutions and low graphics. Not really sure why integrated cards get such a bad rap.

The computers I tried this on that were just about a year old (and one of them cost a lot as well) could not manage that, so I have had less luck with those kind of cards, nonetheless they are not really intended for any sort of gaming, so if they can handle it, that would be a nice bonus, I guess.

With my newest laptop, for instance, it could technically start up Sonic Generations the first time or two. That laptop had optimus technology, which means it had a low performance intel card for regular desktop use (battery/power saving) and a GeForce mobile card for gaming. Sonic Generations refused to acknowledge the GeForce card, though, and it was a known issue. Those times I did manage to start it up with the lowest settings possible, the framerate would drop to 1-3, the control lag would skyrocket and generally the game would be as unplayable as it ever would be. A few years later, they released a fix for it to make it pick up on optimus Technology, and now I can play the game really smoothly on the same laptop with decent settings.

On another similar computer, I tried to start up Left 4 Dead 2 on the lowest settings, just to test, and by god, about 4-5 FPS, and the lighting was so bright, no dark areas, constant freezing or crashing, control lag. There was no playability. I bought a really cheap low profile card for the same computer, and the framerate is constant 60+ and everything looks beautiful and controls are responding awesomely~

Perhaps you have a newer or much more expensive computer than I have been using.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
04-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(04-22-2013, 07:42 AM)Diz Wrote:
(04-22-2013, 04:24 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: Integrated GPUs are very underrated. My sad, year old laptop with an i5 and intel hd 3000 could run mw3, bl1 and bl2, gw2, the bioshock series, the fear series, and the dead space series to name a few, albeit on lowish resolutions and low graphics. Not really sure why integrated cards get such a bad rap.

The computers I tried this on that were just about a year old (and one of them cost a lot as well) could not manage that, so I have had less luck with those kind of cards, nonetheless they are not really intended for any sort of gaming, so if they can handle it, that would be a nice bonus, I guess.

With my newest laptop, for instance, it could technically start up Sonic Generations the first time or two. That laptop had optimus technology, which means it had a low performance intel card for regular desktop use (battery/power saving) and a GeForce mobile card for gaming. Sonic Generations refused to acknowledge the GeForce card, though, and it was a known issue. Those times I did manage to start it up with the lowest settings possible, the framerate would drop to 1-3, the control lag would skyrocket and generally the game would be as unplayable as it ever would be. A few years later, they released a fix for it to make it pick up on optimus Technology, and now I can play the game really smoothly on the same laptop with decent settings.

On another similar computer, I tried to start up Left 4 Dead 2 on the lowest settings, just to test, and by god, about 4-5 FPS, and the lighting was so bright, no dark areas, constant freezing or crashing, control lag. There was no playability. I bought a really cheap low profile card for the same computer, and the framerate is constant 60+ and everything looks beautiful and controls are responding awesomely~

Perhaps you have a newer or much more expensive computer than I have been using.

Sounds weird, might be a higher-end processor in my notebook. That would make an enormous difference with integrated graphics.
04-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Find
destroier234 Offline

Well I never thinked about that they need to recreate the game.
Sorry for bothering Undecided

04-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Find
JawlessWarrior Offline

I'm not sure how you're having problems. I have a year old i3 with integrated graphics running at native resolution and medium graphics. On a laptop. I've never had any errors, and always above 30 fps. Perhaps you need to update the graphics drivers?

Check out plutomaniac's link, that should solve any potential issues on your end.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM by JawlessWarrior.)
04-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Find