Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Is this library a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's way too much, you should delete the lower three floors
7.14%
1 7.14%
Keep all the floors because they're worth exploring
85.71%
12 85.71%
Other (please comment) Smile
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Level Editor Help Giant Library Fun [WIP]
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Giant Library Fun [WIP]

(05-02-2013, 05:49 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: Are you gonna make light when everything is done?

The entire place is going to light up like a Christmas tree for a flashback, but other than that it's probably going to stay darker (unless you have some awesome suggestions). The entire academy was abandoned about 50 years ago from the main character's perspective.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
05-02-2013, 06:23 AM
Find
FurtherGames Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Giant Library Fun [WIP]

Creating large areas can lead to the player becoming lost which can make the game harder. It would also be like a puzzle as in "Which way do I go?". But if the player does get lost and cannot find there way back to where they started they could become bored of the game. If this map has the purpose of trying to make the player become lost, make it big! But, include music to create a creepy atmosphere, if you don't you will lose the attention and the interest of the player.

Think to yourself:

"Does the library work like a maze? Can you become lost and go into random, useless rooms?"
If so, work on the map. Cut down the maze like style or increase the tension.

OR

"Is the purpose of this library to hold an item that leads to the progression of the game? Does the player need to find the item in order to progress?"
If so, I would make it a medium size but not too big. If it were me, I would make it that so if you are going in the right way no monsters appear.

OR

"Is the purpose of this library to hold a puzzle/level door?"
If so, it's pretty much like the one above. You could make it that so in order to complete the puzzle you have to explore the library floors. A different piece of the puzzle on each floor or something.
05-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Find