Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE)
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE)

My story just isn't appropriate for certain people.

Those are the people who say it doesn't have enough action and is "lame" to them or that it isn't scary, because they just aren't going to get the point of it. I've come to terms with the fact that releasing this to the public comes with people who aren't going to get my intent and thus think it's stupid.

I appreciate the defense the rest of you put up for my story, but you really didn't have to. Smile It's best to let bygones be bygones. It's frustrating, but it happens with everything.

[Image: signature-2.png]
05-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(05-02-2013, 08:24 PM)Streetboat Wrote: My story just isn't appropriate for certain people.

Those are the people who say it doesn't have enough action and is "lame" to them or that it isn't scary, because they just aren't going to get the point of it. I've come to terms with the fact that releasing this to the public comes with people who aren't going to get my intent and thus think it's stupid.

I appreciate the defense the rest of you put up for my story, but you really didn't have to. Smile It's best to let bygones be bygones. It's frustrating, but it happens with everything.

If you can't take criticism and are just going to stick your head in the sand and ignore everyone than why even bother releasing it?

05-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

What? Where are you getting that from? I have accepted and even fixed so much criticism, but what are you asking, for me to remake the entire thing? I've re-released two bug fixes and then Acies optimized it for me. Dnalange is basically saying "it's boring because it's linear" which, as explained by Robo, is actually simply not true. If he were to say things along the lines of "perhaps you could have varied the puzzles a bit more" or "a supernatural element would make this scarier to me" then I would be more receptive, but as it stands, he's just being kind of ignorant, so I'm ignoring him.

What do you expect me to do? :S

To answer your last question, I released it because I wanted to share my work of passion that took me over a year so that other people can enjoy my hard work. Simple as that.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013, 08:48 PM by Streetboat.)
05-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Find
wubwub Offline
Banned

Threads: 5

very good CS friend, work good!
05-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I managed to play about 30 minutes so far (I'm a slow player, so I'm not sure how far progression-wise that is) but I've really enjoyed it! As soon as my AP exams are over, I'll sit down and give it the straight run-through it deserves. I'll let you know what my friends think about it when we do another CS night Big Grin

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
05-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Son of a bitch i forgot about this
Downloading...
05-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(05-02-2013, 07:28 PM)dnalange Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 07:24 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 07:21 PM)dnalange Wrote: I am free to whatever i want to say am i?
ANd here is our friend ROBO again!!!
Where i write something he comes around to tell what i must NOT say or debat about what i have to say!!!
I played it until 70% +-
Then i was tired of searching..
and YES it i liniear gameplay, at least there are some raelly small parts where you need to go outsie for about 10 meters.. and get back in the house again..
well..
I have said that the mapping was VERY good.. overall 7½\10 is very good!
WHAT is the problem now?
people may NOT give any opinions anymore.. damn! this site is really getting worse!
It was so good...
You are free to say what you want, to an extent, but you should also not say stuff that is blatantly untrue, it is not linear, it is arguably the -least- linear mod on these forums because everything is based around non linearity, you exploring, finding your own solutions and not following a set path. The original game was far more linear than this was, so I have no idea why you are saying something blatantly untrue.

-
Ok moderators here we go again!....
It is like this, you NEED to go from point a ->b->c->d...... it's not like i go find some stuff here and there adn go where ever i want???
SO.. LINIEAR gameplay!
Even tho there are 2 parts where you have to get outside to look for a key and something ünder a rock?
Anyway Robo,
It was VERY well designed and beautiful, with awesome scripts!
Just did not really felt like builded well or scary!
THIS is my opinion!
Overall this is VERY good and everyone must play this for sure!
But, again... people may NOT give their opinions agin and again and again............
i did NOT say bad things here, did i??

You bastard, I haven't finished the story yet. Hope PDP will be playing this seriously if he ever see this.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

(05-12-2013, 07:57 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: You bastard, I haven't finished the story yet. Hope PDP will be playing this seriously if he ever see this.

I... just became very sad Sad

05-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Find
Liukkonen Offline

Threads: 0

Excellent CS so far!

I absolutely love this one and it's one of the best custom stories I've ever played, but now I've run into a problem. I got the casette in the locked chest, but I just can't understand what the guy says in the ending and I'm completely clueless. I listened it atleast 20 times but just couldn't get what he says as I'm not a native speaker.

As I'm pretty sure that the last few words contain the hint, could you tell me what he says? Some subtitles would've been nice, I don't know if I can turn them on from the options, haven't checked that.

The dogs/wolves are rather annoying, and don't really fit into the ambience-based environment, that's pretty much the only bad thing I have to say.

Thanks for the help anyway, I'm really loving this so far.
05-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

(05-12-2013, 05:28 PM)Liukkonen Wrote: Excellent CS so far!

I absolutely love this one and it's one of the best custom stories I've ever played, but now I've run into a problem. I got the casette in the locked chest, but I just can't understand what the guy says in the ending and I'm completely clueless. I listened it atleast 20 times but just couldn't get what he says as I'm not a native speaker.

As I'm pretty sure that the last few words contain the hint, could you tell me what he says? Some subtitles would've been nice, I don't know if I can turn them on from the options, haven't checked that.

The dogs/wolves are rather annoying, and don't really fit into the ambience-based environment, that's pretty much the only bad thing I have to say.

Thanks for the help anyway, I'm really loving this so far.

There's a walkthrough posted on the modDB page, but for that part specifically he says
Spoiler below!
I just scrubbed these floors a fortnight ago, how dare you track mud everywhere! (Implying you should keep an eye out for a clean spot of floor somewhere. Smile

And yes, subtitles would have been smart, but I honestly just didn't think of them, and at this point, I can't go back. I didn't anticipate so much of my playerbase to be non-native English speaking countries, for some reason. I guess because the voice acting in Amnesia is English (and so goddamn good) I was assuming most people who play it would be English-speaking.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2013, 06:18 PM by Streetboat.)
05-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Find