Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are there any HD Texture packs for this game?
Aerodamus Offline

Threads: 2
Question  Are there any HD Texture packs for this game?

I guess for an example we could use Skyrim. A lot of Skyrim textures are 512x, 1024x, and a few 2048x textures for specific things. On the Skyrim Nexus, there are texture packs to replace all of the lower resolution textures with 2048x, 4096x, and even a few 8192x textures.

Someone just gifted me this game on Steam, and I thought I'd give it a try, however, this is a custom built machine that can handle anything any game throws at it (GTX 690 Quad SLI). I like to make games looks as amazing as possible, it's my biggest hobby.

I guess my main question is whether or not this game has anything like that.
04-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Are there any HD Texture packs for this game?

No, I don't think there is anything like that for Amnesia. Someone was working on a new texture pack for Penumbra, but I don't think it's finished yet. (It also changed the atmosphere of the game quite a bit, since the new textures looked very different from the old ones.)

In all seriousness though, if you're playing this game and all you can think of is that the textures don't look perfect...it's maybe not the right game for you. If you know what I mean Wink
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

If you're playing games for textures and HD environments, I suggest you'd go playing Far Cry 3, or wait for GTA V or something.
TDD is about atmosphere and horror, not for fancy textures... Although, there are some high quality entities that were released on the forums, but not many.
04-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

The hostility! :O

The guy's just asking for higher detail. I mean, Amnesia's not the BEST when it comes to looking at a wall up close, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the game. Graphics don't necessary MAKE the game, but it IS especially crucial in a situation like Amnesia when you're trying to be immersed.
04-30-2013, 05:56 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(04-29-2013, 01:27 PM)ClayPigeon Wrote: If you're playing games for textures and HD environments, I suggest you'd go playing Far Cry 3, or wait for GTA V or something.
TDD is about atmosphere and horror, not for fancy textures... Although, there are some high quality entities that were released on the forums, but not many.

Amnesia isn't some sacred work of pure perfection handed down from the heavens, relax yo'self son! It's OK to enjoy other games and it's OK to enjoy visual fidelity; it doesn't mean you're intellectually deficient or shallow.
04-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: The hostility! :O
I just wanted to say that if he plays Amnesia and finds it so lacking in scaryness, that he has time to be distracted by thoughts about graphics, he may not be the target audience for this game. It was more of a silly remark, really, not meant to be hostile. Wink
04-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

(04-30-2013, 09:03 AM)Paddy Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 01:27 PM)ClayPigeon Wrote: If you're playing games for textures and HD environments, I suggest you'd go playing Far Cry 3, or wait for GTA V or something.

Amnesia isn't some sacred work of pure perfection handed down from the heavens, relax yo'self son! It's OK to enjoy other games and it's OK to enjoy visual fidelity; it doesn't mean you're intellectually deficient or shallow.

Wow wow wow... When did I say anything about shallowness? I just suggested that Amnesia is NOT for beautiful environments nor HD textures, but there are other games that do emphasize this area, like Far Cry 3. I didn't mean to sound "hostile" or unfriendly.
04-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(04-30-2013, 11:21 AM)ClayPigeon Wrote: Wow wow wow... When did I say anything about shallowness? I just suggested that Amnesia is NOT for beautiful environments nor HD textures, but there are other games that do emphasize this area, like Far Cry 3. I didn't mean to sound "hostile" or unfriendly.

Sorry man, I thought you were going down the "if you care about graphics you're a mindless CoD fan" road. I apologise Heart
04-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

There is one, yes. It's not finished though so you can't have it, YET >:3
04-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Wasn't there a way to enable true parallax thread?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Find