Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Other great Survival Horror games?
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Other great Survival Horror games?

I've heard that indigo prophecy is excellent, but i wouldn't classify it as survival horror. Am waiting for the devlopers new release "Heavy Rain," looks amazing.

Not an image
07-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Farenheit has gotten pretty good reviews, but I don't think they were great. The beginning is very impressive, but I've heard it gets worse towards the end. There are also a few sex scenes (which the player controls), probably stops some people from buying it.

I've played some Pathologic by the way, it's excellent. Currently I'm at 00:00 Day 4.
It's not very "fun" and is filled with technical flaws, but still the design and story keeps me intruiged.
I expected it to be a lot more frustrating having read that Eurogamer review, but it isn't that hard yet.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
07-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Find
Martyr Shu Offline

Threads: 2

Did anyone ever get around to play Cryostasis? I'm very curious about that one.

Other great survival horror games: The Condemned series (if you want to consider it as such), Silent Hill 2, and the older Resident Evils.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein has its spooky parts, sure, but it's not survival horror. Least, I don't consider it as such.

[Image: 301zf36.jpg]
07-08-2009, 01:26 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

(07-08-2009, 01:26 AM)Martyr Shu Wrote: Did anyone ever get around to play Cryostasis? I'm very curious about that one.

Cryostasis didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. There were very few memorable moments, weapons were introduced in a stiff and predictable way, and each level felt like the last: Run, shoot, reheat, kill, reheat, run. Not very enjoyable in that sense.

Spoiler below!

Plus, you have an old lady telling a story about a lost tribe in siberia, through cards that you pickup throughout the levels, confusing you more.

however, the memory relive (or whatever Big GrinSmile was in most cases a nice touch, with the gooey feeling that you helped someone live quite nice.
And the overall storyline was excellent.

Not an image
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2009, 02:04 AM by ARes88.)
07-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Find
Razalhague Offline

Threads: 1

OK, these are traditional adventure games, not survival horror games, but they're still horror. Also, they're free.

The White Chamber

The Chzo Mythos
07-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Oh, I have seen those before, on the AGS game pages. I didn't know these were horror games. Thanks, I'll check these out! Smile

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Find
Umbra Offline

Threads: 2

Tommy Gun, well, I see you didn't hear before about this legend of Danko. It wasn't Siberia. This story is a part of our, Russian, school program of literature, it sayes about sacrefise for all of people, that were lost, afraid and doomed, he wanted to give them a hope, but not smart people deside to die in a swamp, but don't go after him. And then he cut his own hart to show them his love to all mankind. He died but show them the right way to the freedom. It's analogy with capitan of ship.
07-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I say it second time now: Alan Wake.
I've spoken...

07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Website Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Alan Wake seems overhyped if you ask me. I don't get why, but ever since we got to see the first trailer - no gameplay or anything - people have been going "WHOOO! THIS WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER!". Is it the devs who are some people special or what?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
07-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Developers are from Finland, that's one.
Story is also important and interesting.

07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Website Find