Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Part 2

(04-27-2013, 09:26 PM)martinnord Wrote: This also made me think of a completely different question:
How will the level order in AAMFP be compared to TDD?
will it just be linear or will they take the hub level way of doing things like in amnesia, or perhaps something entirely else?

The answer can be found from AAMFP megathread, page 280:

Chronofluff: Btw will AMFP have the original's hub-like level design, or will it be more linear with less exploration?

WesleyTack: A mixture of both. But the levels are visually much richer content wise as apposed to TDD. So yes, you shall be able to explore your heart out if you choose to.
04-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

TDD is already a mixture of these two elements (hubs and sinuous routes in between), so if I understand correctly it will be the same pattern.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013, 11:08 PM by felixmole.)
04-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

@OP
Please add a link to this thread right here, please. So that we don't have go to the General Discussion section to find both.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-28-2013, 12:12 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(04-28-2013, 12:12 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: @OP
Please add a link to this thread right here, please. So that we don't have go to the General Discussion section to find both.

Done!
04-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(04-27-2013, 11:05 PM)felixmole Wrote: TDD is already a mixture of these two elements (hubs and sinuous routes in between), so if I understand correctly it will be the same pattern.
I think what he means by richer is that amnesia had some hub areas that would lead to some in comparison linear levels, while AAMFP will have more different places to go and explore within the individual map.

This I actually think is pretty good news since that the kind of non linearity that affects you do most in the present.
04-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(04-27-2013, 08:48 AM)lazz3r Wrote: Hey guys.

As I said in previous thread, Oswald could have children. The kids on the halloween teaser, the poem ("we call your spirits back to us") and the "expedition which ended with tragedy."

MAYBE Oswald tried to "ressurect" them in Mexico, but something bad happend and now he have these strange dreams. I think it will be like Shadow in TDD.

... Or... if he was industrialist maybe he was buying slaves to feed the machine, and now the dark force is haunting him? Also "As he struggles to his feet, somewhere beneath him, an engine splutters, coughs, roars into life" can suggest that, the monsters will be Oswald's prisoners, killed and controlled by some kind of force, just like shadow.

Nice! I am pretty sure I saw someone post in the last thread about some eerie mojo priest stuff going down around the Mexico area. The thought of Oswald having so much guilt that he wants to try everything in the world to resurrect them sounds very intriguing. I also believe we will see some sort of red thread similar to The Guardian in this upcoming game. Since this is in the same universe as its predecessor, it might even turn out to be The Guardian. Who knows? We already know very little of it, and still it plays too big a role for these sorts of dark magic stuff to have just up and vanished.

(04-27-2013, 08:51 AM)Deep One Wrote: He had children. That's a fact

In case you mean biological or adopted children, which I believe was what lazz3r intended, where is this stated as fact? All I have been reading up on is how there is this orphanage thingy and Oswald made them a deal where they come work for him as "slaves". Then again, I do not know how these things work, so feel free to enlighten me. x3

(04-27-2013, 01:50 PM)fancreeper Wrote: I have a question.Will we have actuall people in the game?In ATDD we only had agrippa.

It has been confirmed, as far as I know, some time ago that we will be able to interact with people in the streets. Heehee, something tells me that they will be complaining about the factory and not know Oswald's face while doing so.

Edit:
(04-27-2013, 09:15 AM)martinnord Wrote: Im really curious as to how they will approach building up the relationship between Oswald and his children since ideally we want feel like saving/finding(something with the children) as well, and not just have us be the slave of a main character who wants some things to be done with no care for the feeling of the task that is carried by us the player(player = everyone playing).
Of course theres also the chance they might skip that since that coma he was in might have caused him memory loss as well. But if theres no relationship between him and his children due to his memory loss that only makes me wonder even more what role the children are going to play in the story.

We saw a letter addressed to Oswald on aamfp.com a little while ago. It was stated that the children were finally able to eat because of him, and even one of the children made a cute gift for him, attached to the letter. We barely know anything about the game yet, but this alone makes me assume that the children have made such a strong impression on him that he started looking at them as if they were his own children. Later, when we see a text on the site that state that some, if not all, had died, the only text we see is the poem.

I am starting to feel, as I stated in the last topic, that the text that show up are not for random's sake, but actual tiny fragments of Oswald's memory during his amnesia period. I am sure that both of the texts that were posted on the site so far are from events that have made such a strong impression on Oswald that they are imprinted into his mind and difficult to forget.

(04-27-2013, 08:04 PM)Kilbride Studios Wrote: I Think AAMFP will start with a nightmare just before Mandus fully regains consciousness kinda like he wakes up in his bed and regains consciousness, just as he can stand up. an engine splutters, coughs, roars into life. as he makes his way to the source of the engine sound. a loud monstrous roar, he runs to the cellar and closes the door behind him. he hides under the stairs as something smashes the door down, as the creature enters... Oswald finally wakes up from a hellish nightmare

thats how i think its going to start.

Ooh, nice. Just like in the first teaser clip. What I personally think would be the case is that this happens in his nightmare. The background music that played does sound really fitting for a nightmare, in my opinion. One of the interviews did also state, I believe, that the game does start with the nightmare and not exactly when he wakes up. I also do not think we will be in danger of encountering any creepy creatures in the start of the game, but anything can happen. =)

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013, 03:10 PM by Diz.)
04-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(04-28-2013, 02:54 PM)Diz Wrote:
(04-27-2013, 08:51 AM)Deep One Wrote: He had children. That's a fact

In case you mean biological or adopted children, which I believe was what lazz3r intended, where is this stated as fact? All I have been reading up on is how there is this orphanage thingy and Oswald made them a deal where they come work for him as "slaves". Then again, I do not know how these things work, so feel free to enlighten me. x3

One interview said that game focuses to Oswald and his relationship with his children. I'm too lazy to find that interview right now.
And read the poem in AAMFP website. I'm 100% sure that these dead twins (remember, the horrific family tragedy in Mexico) are Oswald's children, not some random kids from orphanage.
04-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

Maybe he charity'd the children from the orphanage to make up for something going wrong between him and his own kids?

^(;,;)^
04-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

This is me being unobservant probably, but does it mention anywhere that Oswald's "children" are human?

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
04-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

okay I think we need to make a clear distinction here, there 2 different kinds of children we are talking about here, Oswalds own and those at the orphanage
04-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Find