Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redeeming Penumbra Purchase
BryanPope30 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Redeeming Penumbra Purchase

So, I wasn't entirely sure if I needed to post this here or anywhere else because this technically isn't really a 'technical' problem more than it is a general problem...

See, I bought the Digital Download version of the whole series (Overture, Black Plague and Requiem) about 3 years ago and played through the main part of the series until I got to Requiem and put it down for a while. Every now and then I'd play through the first 2 games but only got a part of the way into Requiem before putting the game down again and not playing it for a large span of time.

Recently, though, my hard drive was wiped and I didn't think to save the digital receipt or any proof of purchase beforehand, and now I'm getting that itch to play through the game again, this time seeing how it really ends. I was wondering if there is a way to redeem my purchase and download the game again? I looked on the Frictional site for Penumbra but didn't find anything that would lead to me being able to do that... Will I need to purchase the game again to play it?

Edit: To clarify, I DID save the digital receipt and a few codes here and there, and I had a screenshot of the purchase just in case something went wrong, but it was all deleted along with the rest of my hard drive and I never saved a physical copy of it.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013, 07:06 PM by BryanPope30.)
05-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Redeeming Penumbra Purchase

from where exactly was it bought?
05-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Looking for "Jens" in this forum and sent him a PM and give him your e-mail address, then he can look if you have an order number and then you get it again.
05-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Find
BryanPope30 Offline

(05-04-2013, 08:48 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: from where exactly was it bought?

I believe I bought it directly from the Frictional site using the first option that was available.

(05-04-2013, 08:57 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Looking for "Jens" in this forum and sent him a PM and give him your e-mail address, then he can look if you have an order number and then you get it again.

Thanks man, I had absolutely no idea what to do.
05-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Find
BryanPope30 Offline

Got it! I found a redeem thing here and while I didn't have my order number I was able to provide my email address and retrieve it. Thanks for the help, guys!
05-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Nice!
You also should try a look of "Amnesia: The Dark Descent", the successor of the Penumbra series.
05-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Find