Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Texture not apply
Fatalist Offline

Threads: 8
Texture not apply

Hello all.

I am convert scp-173 model from "Containment breach" to 3d max. Well, its work, but I am can't apply a texture. I also create a .dae file and saw only orange texture.

What's the problem?

p.s. Sorry for my bad English...

Attached Files
.bmp   scp173notextur.bmp (Size: 261.68 KB / Downloads: 99)

05-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Texture not apply

Traggey will help you. He's the only one (that I know) that have experience with 3DS Max. And you should triangulate that. .dae files loves (and by loves I meant only supports) triangles.

Wait, have you gotten a permission?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Alright so first off, you're going to need permission from the creator of that game in order to use his models! So make sure to check with him if it's alright.

Secondly, if you don't feel like building a material and simply want to apply the texture to the model what you can do is just grab your texture file an drag it from your windows folder onto the model in 3D's max, the program will automaticly apply the texture for you.
05-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Find
Fatalist Offline

Threads: 8

Yes, I will write on offical forum about permission very soon.

Quote:Secondly, if you don't feel like building a material and simply want to apply the texture to the model what you can do is just grab your texture file an drag it from your windows folder onto the model in 3D's max, the program will automaticly apply the texture for you.

Its doesnt work... Model have a white color after that. I apply .jpg format texture, .dds format... nothing happening.

I upload archive with some files: .max project, .dae file, textures and .b3d file(model before convert). If you have some free time, please look this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jtapuof14kd44z/scp_model.rar

05-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Find