Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My First Custom Story!
Doomtodeath Offline

Threads: 6
My First Custom Story!

Hey, I wanted to give map-making a try, This map took a few hours, Not taking breaks, Spent half my day on this, The level ends when you get to the hatch in the dungeon. Enjoy ^^

*rate fairly*

http://www.mediafire.com/?aafuc2iz662d8

Oh, And please report any bugs/glitches to me!
05-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: My First Custom Story!

Meanwhile people spending weeks or even months on one map alone.
seriously even if your .map is amazing and you are some sort of talent who can complete a masterpiece in a day you could still make something at least twice as good if you spend a week adding to it or polishing it.
Your describtion is also pretty poor and perhaps you could even call it non-existent.
Do you seriously people to put time into playing it with a lazy thread like this?
05-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

I can't download your mod, I registered first then logged in... and now trying to download those files, but I have to pay something.. weird.

Upload dropbox those files much better.

I really can't say anything about this mod before I have played it.

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2013, 01:11 AM by HumiliatioN.)
05-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

I agree with Humi, you'll want to at least ZIP your mod folder into one file before uploading and sharing it, otherwise people have to pay MediaFire to download all your separate files as "bulk."

05-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Really? People still think this a good idea? Have you even looked around the forum? People spend half their day to get 1 room just right, not creating a whole map.

Even if you fixed your map, put some time in your thread layout. Just some text and a download link won't do. You have to add a title, story, screenshots, changelogs, download link, etc. This just won't do.

Just invest more time in the map/scripting and your thread and people might become a little interested.
05-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

WTH?! I HAVE TO PAY?! You should upload the whole file as one zip so we don't have to pay.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

omg are you seriously expecting people to pay for a map that you even specifically said you only spent half a day on wow

Posting Freak
05-06-2013, 06:07 AM
Website Find
Doomtodeath Offline

Threads: 6

Ugh, If anybody cares im going to begin making a new custom story, Since clearly this one sucks *Sad* Im gonna spend plenty of time on this new one. Also I have no idea what that "pay for the map" is all about, Im gonna find a diffrent file uploader. Also since this is my first Its also partly an experimental map. Thanks for the "appreciation".

(05-06-2013, 08:14 AM)Doomtodeath Wrote: Ugh, If anybody cares im going to begin making a new custom story, Since clearly this one sucks *Sad* Im gonna spend plenty of time on this new one. Also I have no idea what that "pay for the map" is all about, Im gonna find a diffrent file uploader. Also since this is my first Its also partly an experimental map. Thanks for the "appreciation".

Oh, And im probaly gonna use Mod DB.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2013, 08:16 AM by Doomtodeath.)
05-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(05-06-2013, 08:14 AM)Doomtodeath Wrote: Ugh, If anybody cares im going to begin making a new custom story, Since clearly this one sucks *Sad* Im gonna spend plenty of time on this new one. Also I have no idea what that "pay for the map" is all about, Im gonna find a diffrent file uploader. Also since this is my first Its also partly an experimental map. Thanks for the "appreciation".

Oh, And im probaly gonna use Mod DB.

Really? Have you even looked at the posts above? All you seem to see is "Ugh your map is bad" and "I'm not going to pay for that" There is some criticism there. Go look for it.
05-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(05-06-2013, 12:18 PM)Smoke Wrote: Really? Have you even looked at the posts above? All you seem to see is "Ugh your map is bad" and "I'm not going to pay for that" There is some criticism there. Go look for it.

Honestly, I don't see it. All I see are requests from members to have the creator zip up all the files and distribute the CS properly. You guys CAN download files individually for free from mediafire, but as others have stated, putting everything into a folder then zipping it up and uploading is the correct way for the creator to do it. There is no criticism because no one has played it (to my knowledge...)
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2013, 03:45 AM by Statyk.)
05-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Find