Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Is it possible to make animation with blender 2.65 to .dae format?
robo Offline

Threads: 15
Is it possible to make animation with blender 2.65 to .dae format?

Hey, I'm just wondering if it's possible to do animations to Amnesia with blender 2.65, since when saving a model there's an option for animation seen in this picture but I haven't done it yet. anyone have any clues or ideas?

[Image: Capture.PNG]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2013, 02:14 PM by robo.)
05-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Is it possible to make animation with blender 2.65 to .dae format?

You could try it out. But armatures(bones in most modelling programs) are usually buggy. Therefore, most entities with animations are usually made by Maya or 3ds Max.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

You can actually make animations with Blender (with Objects) but you can't make animations with an armature. That means that you can make a cube move but you can't make a grunt-monster in Blender.

Those options are useless: .dae isn't the only format used for Amnesia, is used on another games too (though I don't know which). Forget about those options, they aren't useful for what you are searching.

Yea well, if you are going to make a monster, you should learn how to maya and make it from there (maya is really complicated for me, so I have never really tried to make a model in it).
I'm actually trying to make a monster in Blender with no-armature animations *evil laugh* :D

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
05-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Even if Blender generates valid DAE XML, that doesn't mean Amnesia's DAE importer was designed up to standard. Even though Blender still needs some work when it comes to exporting to DAE, those who use 3DS Max have issues with importing into Amnesia, even those that use Maya. But some have found ways to get it to work with Maya's DAE exporter.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
05-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Website Find