Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help Lang file not working.
VillainousPotato Offline

Threads: 13
Lang file not working.

So I made a Lang file and it worked completely. I the wanted to work on it on a nother computer, so I copied the file on a flas drive and worked on it on a Mac. I then copied it back onto my windows computer and it didn't work. Luckily, I had saved it somewhere else on my windows computer, so I just pasted the old one back on. It worked again, but I still wanted all my work, so I copied some other words from my Mac document. It doesn't work again. What is going on?

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 05:22 AM by VillainousPotato.)
05-15-2013, 05:20 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Lang file not working.

Could be the contents of the file... upload it for us?

05-15-2013, 05:23 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Give us said .lang file.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Find
VillainousPotato Offline

(05-15-2013, 05:25 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Give us said .lang file.

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">
You are a police deputy by the name of Anthony Brecks, and dispatch has alerted you to 2 child disapearences near the old Darwin Hospital. You must go in and explore the hospital to find the 2 missing children.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport1_Name">Patient Autopsy Report: Marissa Smith Oct. 18th 1985</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport1_Text">Patient Name" Marissa J. Smith[br] Assigned Dr: Dr Curtis[br]Cause Of Death: Unkown
The autopsy revealed that the patient was
removed from life support for a short amount of time. This was, at first, believed to be the cause
of death. However, upon closer examination, a total of 13 small incisions made by various surgical instruments
were found on the visual cortex of the patients brain. These incisions alone wold not merit a fatal reaction, however combined with the neglectance
of life support this might have caused small ruptures in the brain due to the patients current condition. These incisions were never documented in the patients
surgery log</Entry
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport2_Name">Patient Surgury Report April 13th 1985</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_PatientReport2_Text">Patient went in for bone marrow transplant. Due to the difficult procedure, Dr. Curtis was assigned to the surgury.approximately 17 min after the start
of the start of the procedure, the patient expired due to the exccessive damage done to her skeletal structure. The patients body will be held in the morgue until furthur notice.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_ClockNote_Name">Clock Note</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_ClockNote_Text">Good 'Job'</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<Entry Name="Note_BrokenLock_Name">Dear Mr. Trayo</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_BrokenLock_Text"> Dear Mr. Trayo[br][br]The front door has become broken, and occasionally locks behind patients when they come in.
You will have to use the temporary exit in the morgue.The key to both the morgue and the exit is in my office on the 3rd floor.I would like to meet you ther at 10 o'clock to discuss your future janitorial
services here and a possible promotion.[br] [br] Sincerely,[br]Dr. Curtis</Entry>
<CATEGORY Name="LevelDoors">
<Entry Name="InvestigationReport1_Nme">Investigation Journal 1</Entry>
<Entry Name="InvestigationReport1_Text">Investigator: Daniel R. Marks[br]Date: Nov. 30th 1985[br]
Report: We are searching for the murderer of Mr Elijah B. Charles. The autopsy confirmed that the wounds wer inflicted about 3 days ago.</Entry>
<Entry Name="level_wood_1"> The door is locked.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_LevelDoor1"> Stair Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_LevelDoor1">Key to te next floor of the hospital</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

05-15-2013, 05:40 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

<LANGUAGE>
         You are a police deputy by the name of Anthony Brecks, and dispatch  has alerted you to 2 child disapearences near the old Darwin Hospital. You must go in and explore the hospital to find the 2 missing children.</Entry>
   </CATEGORY>
      <Entry Name="Note_PatientReport1_Name">Patient Autopsy Report: Marissa Smith Oct. 18th 1985</Entry>
       <Entry Name="Note_PatientReport1_Text">Patient Name" Marissa J. Smith[br] Assigned Dr: Dr Curtis[br]Cause Of Death: Unkown
             removed from life support for a short amount of time. This was, at first, believed to be the cause
             of death. However, upon closer examination, a total of 13 small incisions made by various surgical instruments
             were found on the visual cortex of the patients brain. These incisions alone wold not merit a fatal reaction, however combined with the neglectance
             of life support this might have caused small ruptures in the brain due to the patients current condition. These incisions were never documented in the patients
             surgery log</Entry>
       <Entry Name="Note_PatientReport2_Name">Patient Surgury Report April 13th 1985</Entry>
       <Entry Name="Note_PatientReport2_Text">Patient went in for bone marrow transplant. Due to the difficult procedure, Dr. Curtis was assigned to the surgury.approximately 17 min after the start
of the start of the procedure, the patient expired due to the exccessive damage done to her skeletal structure. The patients body will be held in the morgue until furthur notice.</Entry>
       <Entry Name="Note_BrokenLock_Text"> Dear Mr. Trayo[br][br]The front door has become broken, and occasionally locks behind patients when they come in.
              You will have to use the temporary exit in the morgue.The key to both the morgue and the exit is in my office on the 3rd floor.I would like to meet you ther at 10 o'clock to discuss your future janitorial
              services here and   a possible promotion.[br] [br] Sincerely,[br]Dr. Curtis</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
       <Entry Name="InvestigationReport1_Text">Investigator: Daniel R. Marks[br]Date: Nov. 30th 1985[br]
              Report: We are searching for the murderer of Mr Elijah B. Charles. The autopsy confirmed that the wounds wer inflicted about 3 days ago.</Entry>
   </CATEGORY>    
   </CATEGORY>  
</LANGUAGE>

Fixed.
Errors found: 2
Errors:
- A missing ">"
- Two entries with no category. They're now at the Journal category.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-15-2013, 05:44 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(05-15-2013, 05:44 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
<LANGUAGE>
         You are a police deputy by the name of Anthony Brecks, and dispatch  has alerted you to 2 child disapearences near the old Darwin Hospital. You must go in and explore the hospital to find the 2 missing children.</Entry>
   </CATEGORY>
             surgery log</Entry>
              services here and   a possible promotion.[br] [br] Sincerely,[br]Dr. Curtis</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>
   </CATEGORY>    
   </CATEGORY>  
</LANGUAGE>

Fixed.
Errors found: 2
Errors:
- A missing ">"
- Two entries with no category. They're now at the Journal category.

Nicely done my good sir.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12213.html

Try checking out this thread my good sir.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 05:56 AM by 7heDubz.)
05-15-2013, 05:47 AM
Find
VillainousPotato Offline

Indeed! Thank you very much!

05-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Find